E-Flexboardz mechanic

Except for the rattling, it sounds like a Tie Fighter, so I would say it’s on the right path :heart_eyes:
Nice work on this one

3 Likes

Looking very good, cant wait to see more :smiley:

Will you also implement a cover for the gear drive at some point? must be quite easy for grime to get in atm.

Keep it up :muscle:

2 Likes

You are right, I need to close the gear drive as seems designed to attract gravel…

4 Likes

Shit man, this is so freaking cool looking. You’re gonna be the coolest guy at the group ride for sure.

7 Likes

In my dream, my boards might be the coolest one at the group ride but in real life, I’m only be the oldest one.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Working on protecting the inner gear against viscious gravel…

4 Likes

A random stranger suggested designing swing armature for trucks. I thought of you :wink:

5 Likes

Looking good :ok_hand::ok_hand: maybe you can incorporate a rubber V ring aswel, although thats kinda tricky with the limitation in space and the thin walls.

2 Likes

True.
Next step will be to improve the sealing (but I’m afraid that it will need a better accuracy/quality that my handicraft)

3 Likes

Cool, where are you located?

1 Like

Europe. SW France. Biarritz.

2 Likes

Maybe get some CNC parts, if you can find something locally and with a bit of luck it wont be that expensive.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the plan.
This one is only a draft to validate the general design and test few options (specially the electric/electronic integration).

I plan to order water cut/ cnc parts soon to get industrial (vs handycraft) quality

4 Likes

I also considered using other countyside technology…

More seriously, I will try to use a piece of thermoplastic to make the cover to be able to make a “lip” to close better the inner gear

2 Likes

Packaging the electronic stuff:
The Y between the esc is a real mess. It takes a lot of place.

3 Likes

Dual ESCs are your friend.

Have you been looking at the stormcore?

The 60D will be the next big thing for 12S stuff.

Yes, but if dual esc could stay paralell, in reduced space, it will help.

I’m humble regarding electronic, using average performance stuff as it’s enough so far to test my (ongoing) built.

Once the board will be finetuned, I might look for more power (not sure).

3 Likes

5 Likes

dismantling, adjustin, cutting…!

4 Likes

looks super fun to ride, would love to try it

2 Likes