Dusk R2 - More volts, more amps, more everything

This makes me wonder… Who has the highest voltage board on the forum? :thinking:

I’m currently working on a 24s vesc based project, but unfortunately it’s not a skateboard. There are some 22s boards out there running ubox 100v.

I’ve got the highest everything board :bomb:

2 Likes

I’m fairly confident this is the highest voltage board on the forum / ever built on planet earth (100.8v :rofl:).

CHIMERA | Red Ember Jotnar | Tronic 250R | 24s3p | all the amps - DIY Builds - esk8.news: DIY Electric Skateboard Forums

2 Likes

This is a work of art. Is there a build thread or details posted anywhere?

Yeah E-TOXX is outstanding! :heart_eyes:

Sorry to hijack the thread… :hugs:

2 Likes

Only freespinning to 36mph, which is weird since I should have an actual top speed closer to 40 loaded. Battery is at half charge too.

Correct ratio?

Yeah. Tad bit confused as to why it’s being dumb. Wonder if the flipsky motors just hate torture.

Scraped together enough funds to buy replacement bearings for my jump drives.

Also removed the ugly PURE OUTDOOR sticker on my box and printed some name plates.

5 Likes

That first plate looks good. It is weird though, im not sure, but 8 cannot be “equal” or “equal to/smaller” at the same time. And i think you also forgot your second value for the equation.

If i may suggest a variable for behind your formula: - (i)

1 Like

First ride after a rainstorm. Board works like a charm, but my efficiency is awful. Somehow these jump drives have much more rolling resistance than I was hoping for, but I just installed new bearings, so I’m hoping they just break in nicely.

4 Likes

I noticed my efficiency jump up a little after i installed my new motor. The only thing i can think of is that i put too much grease in. Did you use a lot of grease?

I don’t think so. If it is too much grease, the excess will get flung off soon.

Yeah but there’s not a lot of room inside the case for it to fling.

1 Like

Here’s what I would try

• Loosen the backlash a bit
  • use minimal grease (or lighter grease , still NLGI-2, like superlube)
  • pump tires to 40psi
1 Like

You spelled 50 wrong

Tire says 80psi. I paid for them. I’m using all of it
(I’m running 45psi)

2 Likes

Damn, 80 is crazy

Sorry, 60PSI rated tires***

80 are the garbage knobbies

1 Like