Duality Trucks by Tito Systems

On BN310 channels using the lacroix bushings I had about 29 degrees max articulation, so channels can have a lot of articulation as well although it’s quite uncommon (I had to use risers so the hanger doesn’t touch the deck too early).

In comparison Dualities have 33 degree max articulation without lean stoppers and 25 with lean stoppers, however the bushings have a different type of compression which they like more.

Also on the BN channel truck the bushings are closer together than standard matrix ii geometry, which definitely plays part at allowing more articulation. The bushings certainly weren’t happy though, I had a good amount of preload on them and that plus the lot of deformation caused buckling which is obviously not ideal.

2 Likes

That alone probably explains my experience then.

That would explain a difference in “turnability” based on bushing duro/preload, but it doesn’t necessarily change the lean to turn ratio of dualities vs channels.

I guess a better way to ask my question would be “is the lean-turn ratio of dualities fundamentally different than channel trucks.” It sounds like the answer is no, and my experience on Jackson’s board was just a high-angle truck setup.

7 Likes

The lean to turn ratio in the case of any truck where the hanger pivots on a solid axle that doesn’t shift around is always just going to be dependent on the angle of the pivot (baseplate angle)

On something like an RKP or TKP, there might be some miniscule difference due to the deflection of the pivot axis with different bushing duros or rider weights, but even then - it’s still generally going to be dominated by the baseplate angle.

3 Likes

Any slop in a truck will change the lean to turn ratio. RKP trucks for example have a lot of slop. Therefore you need to run 5-10 degrees higher angles on them to compensate… Duality and channel trucks theoretically have the same lean to turn ratio. Although any slop will change that by a couple of degrees. I don’t know how slop free channels are but Dualitys are pretty good in those regards. That might explain this

This is only a small change, most likely what you felt though is having really high angles (with minimal slop) on Jackson’s board.

4 Likes

It’s even worse with enclosed BN drives lol

And urs is 4wd so… Yeah lol

5 Likes

HELP:
New trucks, MTB style arrive on Friday…I am 230lbs and a gentle urban carver guy.
What bushings do the trucks come with?
Do I need to reach out to Riptide to order some replacements so I can skate?
What size style work with the trucks?

Its probably all covered in this post somewhere…but I am supposed to be working, and I bet this information would help others.

Mike

1 Like

Remain Calm:
The Riptide bushings that are provided are an excellent selection. You need not worry about what else you need until you have tried them out.
At that point, if you desire something different, you will then know what direction to go in. Or at least to better allow someone else to steer you in the proper direction.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’m excited to give them a try!

3 Likes

Prior to shipping mine out, Tito messaged me and asked my riding preferences and weight. With my full gear and packed bag I’m 180lb+ and enjoy high speed carving, so Tito set me up with white 87a in the front and red wine 93a in the back. Hope that helps!

4 Likes

Currently dualitys come with 93a tall barrels front and 93a tall chubbys rear in Riptide krank formula. I would recommend the stock setup as a starting point. If you want to change something from there you can message me directly or post your question here for recommendations.

Tall barrel and tall chubby work well with these trucks. Tall cone and tall fatcone would work as well but are less recommend due to diveyness… In terms of formula; Venom hpf, riptide aps and wfb are all good candidates to change the ride feel depending on what kind of ride you are after.

7 Likes

Pretty kool, fun facts.
Notice that with the floating king pin design neither the bushing or even the washer ever touches the base plate:

Front Air Gap:

Rear Air Gap:

8 Likes

ETA for restock on these is mid-september right? I’m just counting down the days now lol

2 Likes

There was one set of 300s last I checked earlier this week, but not anymore. Did it get snatched out from you or were you looking for a different length?

1 Like

Estimate is looking like it’s closer to the end of the month for full restock. I should have all aluminum parts machined by next weekend then they’re off to anodizing. The axles were outsourced along with the queenpins this run and should come in around the same time I get the other parts back from anodizing :crossed_fingers:

Pic of the 270mm hangers that need one more operation.

20 Likes

I was waiting for the 270 w/10mm axle, looks like I’ll have to wait just a teeny bit longer which is fine :grin:

5 Likes

Almost have my Kaly xlr going now.2024-09-05T12:00:00Z

1 Like

Any of these gonna stay raw?

I’m glad I went with the 240mm hangers…

5 Likes

I was going to get a very limited amount in clear anodize. It leaves a more dull finish but adds some durability to the surface against dings and scratches. I can leave some raw if you really wanted.

3 Likes

Are you putting them on the Kaly XLR? Curious how the trucks will be with some flex in the deck.

1 Like