Duality Trucks by Tito Systems

It will be fiiiine. Jackson is running a bro with double stack enclosure undermounted.

If you want more clearance, run 9" tires like him too.

4 Likes

+1 this

Myself, and a fair amount of folks would LOVE to run these trucks with 10mm axles. It’d let us continue using the hubs and spacers we currently have

I have the set on my MTB but I really want a set of flat nose that feature 10mm axles. Hoping this continues to spark interest for that push

6 Likes

I think he’s more concerned about the lowest part of the truck itself

3 Likes

If anyone on the west coast desires a duality build, a prime candidate was just posted

6 Likes

Here is a Barrel with the first CNC machined prototypes made by @Savage1. Fun little board.

17 Likes

Sweet!

What are the final angles for front and rear?

On the Barrel pictured it was the stock 30/25 angles. This is before I made the 15 degree baseplate. Now I would do 30/15 or even 30/10 since the wheelbase is small.

3 Likes

Thanks. I have a barrel deck in hoarder stash, so I’m entertaining the idea of using your trucks for it. Wasn’t sure how ride feel would differ since the barrel isn’t 30/30. I thought it was 30/20?

Also are those the 270 hangars in the barrel?

I think all the lacroix decks are 30/25 except the prototipo that is 30/30… Yeah they are the 270 hangers.

2 Likes

I would personally run 30/10 without bindings or 25/10 with bindings on short wheelbase decks like the barrel

3 Likes

Ordered my set a little while ago and am excited to receive them, just wish they had 10mm axles as other people on here had mentioned. I for one would love to see 10mm swaps be available in the future

7 Likes

Good point. @Titoxd1000 I would also be totally cool with 10mm axles being an optional add-on which I have to purchase separately, and install myself. Saves you from having to commit any truck stock to 10mm axles. You can still plan on every sale being 12mm, and throw the 10mm axles in the box for those few of us crazy enough to buy them :grin:

As a customer I might actually prefer that, since it would give me flexibility down the line if my plans change :+1:

12 Likes

@Titoxd1000 any idea on what’s the minimum quantity of 10mm axle orders we need to make this happen?

5 Likes

Just an update on my APS bushings and then my switch to WFB. I’m running 25/10 angles with no lean stopper in the front and a less restrictive lean stopper in the rear. Also plenty of preload. I can max out the lean sometimes on both trucks. Probably the most abusive setup for the bushings you can imagine.

They are showing some signs of tearing now. Although ride feel wasn’t degraded from new when I took them out and I’ve seen bushings in much worse shape before.

Front barrels are showing wear on the sides, this will turn into tearing over time.

Rear chubby has a small tear near the kingpin hole. And also the same signs on the side as the barrel, just less visible so far.

That said. My setup is as abusive to bushings as it can get and for carving these bushings offer the best ride feel, and I would still run them for that purpose. Just be aware that if you run APS you gotta check them from time to time to know what condition they are in. If you want a set and forget formula then you have to run something else.

5 Likes

And the switch to WFB. I went to 95.5A tall barrels front 95.5A tall chubbies rear. 25/10 angles, haero deck, wheelbase about 95cm axle to axle. I’m am about 180-190lbs / 82-86 kg depending on how much I gear up.

It’s loose as heck.

I can max out front truck lean by hand like in the video without too much effort.

But that doesn’t mean that it isn’t insanely stable. In fact, it feels significantly more stable then APS or krank feels to me. The center seems more pronounced. Also I have a feeling the rapidness of the input also has to do with how the truck responds but I don’t fully understand these WFBs yet.

I did 38mph / 61kph on the first ride within 5 miles of riding confirmed by GPS. And they felt super stable and confidence inspiring they could do more. Personally I don’t want to go much faster than this in bindings and heelstraps, at least not without a full moto leather suit with crash pads. (Which I plan on getting, eventually… but probably I am still not going to push the speeds much higher.)

Also regarding the speed. I am not a speed demon just fast in turns. 38 mph is the 2nd fastest run I ever did and confirmed by GPS. And I’ve never been this fast before on a mountainboard platform with bindings / heelstraps.

Then I hit the track and nearly fell in the first corner because I expected rebound. It just wasn’t there on deep lean and I maxed out the lean so much the outer two tires lifted off the ground. After a couple of laps I felt home on them though on the track as well. Given the circumstances I did a really good lap too before getting too tired to really push myself. I was struggling a bit less with my endurance leaning deep compared to usual, and with my endurance being the biggest problem in the last race, that’s another good thing.

So now we know that the performance is there and it’s really there. How about ride feel?

So that’s where these get deep into personal preference discussions. I personally enjoy low rebound setups. If you don’t with the current duro options maxing out at 95.5A you won’t enjoy WFB as much unless you are lightweight.

The carving feel is definitely different and for a carver board I would prefer to have the rebound of APS to throw me into the next turn.

Top speed runs and track racing, definitely WFB.

I realllly want to see how WFB would feel like at 98A and 100A in these trucks. I think that might solve the super low rebound while still having loose end of lean and an even tighter center for probably unparalleled stability.

10 Likes

You guys gotta stop ruining me financially :sob:

10 Likes

I do want to make a 10mm axle option I’m just not sure on the final design.
I guess flanged would work with say 60mm length of 10mm diameter section. I can keep the interior part of the axle 12mm to remain compatible with all the hangers I have available. Might need to run bunch of spacers for belt setups due to small depth of 22x22 section, that is where stepped axle would be better, which has a built in spacer.

3 Likes

Nice. I need to give that WFB combo a try.
All three of the Riptide formulas ride so different. It’s nice to have that option of switching since it is all preference with each having there own benefits.

3 Likes

Hey kids.

Soon I will be united with these beauties.

I am wondering where should I start with my set up?

I’m 210lbs.

They are going on my Flux which has symmetrical 30/30 angles.

Running 200x05 CSTs.

9 Likes

I would recommend starting with the stock setup. 0 degree baseplate in the front and -15 degree baseplate in the rear. (93a tall barrel front and 93a chubby rear). Then do any tuning from there. If you want a little bit more steering you can add one of the included wedges in the front.

2 Likes