Duality Trucks by Tito Systems

Oh oh :eyes:

1 Like

@Titoxd1000 how much for a set of flat deck baseplates sold separate?

2 Likes

Good question. I don’t have set price for the baseplates, maybe in $75-100 range depending if you need all the associated hardware. Why are you interested in separate baseplates?

Worth noting that the flat deck and mountainboard versions currently share the rear 15 degree baseplates.

4 Likes

was considering a set of flat baseplates to throw onto sidewinder but i’ll leave the 3links on for now i think

1 Like

@Titoxd1000 what did you decide on 10mm axles? :eyes:

3 Likes

Is anyone riding these trucks on a mountainboard build?

I’m intrigued by the lack of slop (high speed yeee) compared to Air PKPs, but concerned about ground clearance on a Bro deck + top mount box + 200mm tires.

Do these reasonably clear tree roots, rocks, curbs, etc?

2 Likes

I haven’t decided, I was thinking of getting samples of the stepped version like I shared earlier to remain compatible with existing hangers. It’s more so for belt drives which would need spacers anyway due to how far the 22x22 section extends.

1 Like

When I get around to buying a set of these trucks, I would love there to be a 10mm axle option. Preferably 10mm the whole length, for gear drive compatibility. But i understand you gotta do what you gotta do to meet the market that you see :+1:

4 Likes

Which gear drives did you plan to use

1 Like

Ideally, Boardnamics M1 street drives. If that doesn’t work, then M1AT drives. The M1 street drives only work with up to 10mm axles as far as I know, and the mount collar needs to be able to slide all the way down the axle, so having a 12mm stepped portion would be a challenge.

Plus, both those drives are designed to be retained against the hanger by the bearing/spacer stack. Having a stepped axle makes setting up that stackup very challenging. Ran into that issue with my M1AT drives on hypertrucks (12mm stepped up to 15mm)

But like I said, I dont want to come across like I’m asking you to solve for my highly specific design goals haha. Just making my case for why you should make 10mm axles, and if you do, why I think you should not make them stepped.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure M1 street drives won’t fit around a 22x22 R6 profile. Phil ran into this issue when he was making his TKPs and made a custom mount profile for the few trucks he made compatible with M1s.

Kevin said it’s possible :man_shrugging: will require a custom mount collar, but he said it will work.

3 Likes

Currently running my set of Tito Duality on my MTB. I had to tighten it up a hair just so I wouldn’t get deck bite into the ground on turns.

The stability is unparalleled. The best way I can describe it is at low speed, you get full range of turn but at speed, it’ll hold center really easily. It genuinely takes effort to wobbly myself out at speed (which is good). Kinda like how when you ride a bike at speed, it’s easier to balance.

13 Likes

I think Patrick was specifically asking about ground clearance concerns when off-roading.

1 Like

I see. Then I would perhaps advise to use a different set of trucks for pure offroading, given concerns about how close the kingpin gets

Admittedly, I’ve done some light offroading and taking curbs and I’ve been fine

1 Like

One thing to note; you can swap the hanger around to give you more group clearance

2 Likes

from those crazier riders in the group ride? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Don’t worry this crazy right here is getting Tito’s soon so more crazy’s to add to the group :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Aww, big sad. I’m interested in the stability these promise while riding paved roads at speed. AND I must prioritize ground clearance to go over rocks, tree roots, curbs, and the like. I want a trail-rideable board that can also go fast on streets. It’s good to hear light off-roading is working out for you :slight_smile:

Maybe what I’m searching for isn’t possible… Or is it?

I’m curious how flipping the hanger would work on a Bro + 200mm tires. Has someone tried this yet?

How’d much of the kingpin + pivot will be left hanging with the 18mm off-center axles jacking the board up?

And how much, if any, wheel bite might have to be accounted for?

When the hanger is flipped inwards the pivot arm is approximately 28mm below the center of the axle. It seems like this would be okay for light offroading with 200mm tires, I would not suggest riding where hitting the pivot arm is likely.

On a bro looks like it has wheelbase option. If you flipped the hanger and used the forward mounting holes it would have more ground clearance. The height difference of flipping hangers is approximately 20mm. While using the outer mounting option it would compensate a little but it will still increase ride height about 10mm overall… The rear you will probably still want the hanger facing the rear if you are using geardrives for motor clearance but ground clearance is less of a concern due to the lower angle.

4 Likes