Duality Trucks by Tito Systems

Dont think i can afford a set of these trucks right now after paying to have more parts made for split decision, but i will also vote for 10mm axles LOL. I run 10’s on everything but my lacroix right now and it’s super convenient.

3 Likes

I can look into a stepped axle 12mm to 10mm. Any thoughts on length for each section. Oh and skate kingpin size thread or m10

2 Likes

10 seems more universal and I’ve yet to hear of there being a strength issue

3 Likes

Ive definitely seen weak, bent, and broken 10mm axles. But from what I’ve seen in my time with Hoyt, 10mm axles are plenty strong if made from a high quality metal. Even really long unsupported 10mm axles. So yeah, I think a full-length 10mm axle option for these trucks would be nice!

If I ever get a set of these, I would love to be able to use Hoyt5’s on them which are unfortunately limited to 22mm bearings.

That said, given how low the bottom pivot cup hangs down, is there a “minimum” wheel diameter that makes sense on these trucks? Some size where it starts being really dangerous to have that pivot be so low to the ground?

7 Likes

I’d also be interested in a set of 10mm axles, if they can be bought separately

4 Likes

+1 vote for 10mm :pray:

4 Likes
Interested in a set of 10mm axles?
  • Yes please! (All my boards are 10mm)
  • Yes if they can be purchased separately
  • I’m fine with 12mm
0 voters

should make it easier to gauge interest

4 Likes

What do you guys think about a stepped axle like this

7 Likes

Is an axle positioning like the one in the picture you included ideal regardless of the deck type? Or is this somehow dependent on the features of the deck the trucks are mounted on (nose/tail length/angle, wheelbase, dropdown)?

The hanger can be run in either direction, entirely dependent on the deck/enclosure features you mentioned. Also, your desired ride feel.

On Nothing Fancy, I run both the front and rear hangers in the opposite orientation then the picture Tito posted. The resulting lower ride height feels incredible IMO; It’s almost like a stooge v5. However, I do have some enclosure scraping issues though :rofl:

3 Likes

Hi,

I’m designing a 3dp bullbar for these trucks and need to know the dimensions of this part of the hanger

The 22mm²R6 interface is already being used by my headlights.

My guess is 24mm² or 25mm²

@tuckjohn says 23.3mm²

Fuck it here’s my first attempt

Rocinante handle arm.3mf (17.3 KB)
Rocinante handle Tube Cap.3mf (39.8 KB)

^ I’m using the 30mm diameter

3 Likes

On the mountainboard setup hanger orientation changes ride height and clearances like Tucker mentioned.

On the flat deck setup the front truck pictured is in the intended orientation, I have not tested hanger in the other direction… With the rear truck hanger towards the center of the deck I think it will be difficult to fit motors under a flat deck in part because there is a lot of lean so I recommend running towards the rear.

2 Likes

23mm up to 23.3mm sounds right, with 2.5mm chamfers

2 Likes

You likely already know this but be sure to radius the 10/12 mm diameter transition (arrow point) and a large flange (Boxed area with a radiused transition to the 12mm) against the hanger, like a bike pedal, increases the strength many X.

1b0cc7bd93315ec1539882d71c233d83994291be

9 Likes

^ yes please do this it’s very important

1 Like

I dont see why it shouldnt be 10mm the whole length. Stepped axles can create limitations for people with different wheels/pullies/mounts. If someone wants 10mm axles, they probably want ALL 10mm axle with no 12mm section.

100% agree with brad about the flange against the end of the hanger though!

14 Likes

10mm axles with standard skate hardware nuts similar to what onsra used on their TKP’s would be fantastic

4 Likes

Give up on your skate tool lol. Buy some real tools please :joy:

5 Likes

While i agree that you should have a proper skate tool, theres no reason a 10mm axle should need anything other than the same nut a kingpin bolt uses. Keeps things simple and uniform, and theres really no reason to need anything different.

3 Likes

Would much rather have a simple skate tool than 3 or 4 wrenches to work on the board on the road

5 Likes