Duality Trucks by Tito Systems

Thanks for the detailed response. I’m running 52/28 final angle on my BN 270s rn and it works great so it’s good to hear how and why these differ. I have the Magnetic from SKP. If you can make a one-off at 25 degrees on each baseplate that’d be beautiful <3

2 Likes

Lean the opposite way you want? Could you expand?

Similar to what I outlined here(?)

2 Likes

Yeah it is doable. I would need to know the best place to put the axle relative to the center of the bolt pattern. @Skyart maybe you can assist with this.

1 Like

Are we talking about the bolt pattern on my hubs? Not sure exactly what we are trying to achieve here.

If we want to put Tito trucks on magnetic the deck angles are 12.5 degrees wedge and dewedge front and back

Hey Tito, quick question

It looks like on the original batch, both pivot-cup-arm-thingies bolt onto the baseplate…

…but with this new batch one of the arms is machined into the baseplate as a single piece and only one bolts on.

Is that going to be standard on all your baseplates moving forwards? Or is it specific to those particular baseplates?

2 Likes

Specific to the angles. Only the 0 degree has both sides bolted on as far as I know

1 Like

Yup, same with my set

1 Like

That’s a bummer :smiling_face_with_tear: I really like one of the arms being part of the baseplate. Fewer failure points and all that.

2 Likes

To be honest these trucks feel so beefy and overbuilt, I think they will survive the apocalypse as well :sweat_smile: I think the main part of the hanger is like 24^2 or 25^2

2 Likes

I think he means if you were the project the axle line to the baseplate bolt pattern, how far forwards or backwards should it be - it matters as on wedged decks, the fore/aft placement of the axle to the bolt pattern affects ride height.

Its an annoying thing i had to deal with when making my split angle brackets

1 Like

Happy to report this hasn’t been an issue. I mis-installed one of the pivot arms and had the nordlock on the wrong side which was the only instance of “failure”. It was completely my own fault and since re-installing part with Tito’s instructions, it’s held up well. I did red loctite my pivot arm bolts, but was informed it’s not necessary

3 Likes

Yeah it’s regarding the high G stuff. On high G turns the force wants to be transferred to the outside tires. The outside tires get compressed and start to take away deck lean. This is especially noticeable on low tire pressure. This can be enough where the deck stays flat or even starts going the other way from where your leaning. Leaning the opposite way is on the extreme side found on “displacer” build before lowering the angles from 45/30 to 30/20, it uses big 10 inch tires.

After lowering the angles I was able to lean more and put more weight on the inside tires where it felt like all tires were being compressed equally. Where as before ankles flexibility was the limiting factor on how much I can lean and how much weight I could put on the inside tires.

If we wanted to build a 25 degree baseplate for the magnetic that would be for the front and rear. Is there a axle placement that would work for the front and the rear.

(axle line pictured right down the middle of the bolt pattern)

2 Likes

I see, let me take a closer look and get back to you

2 Likes

Will these also be on 12mm axles? Would you do options for say 10mm axles? Wanted to ask since I was interested in running this on a 2-in-1 style board and would love to try thanes on them

1 Like

That’s specific to the zero degree baseplate, will possibly change on future versions

1 Like

It’s still 12mm axles. Don’t have option for 10mm now. I thought I heard someone was going to make urethane wheels that accept bigger bearings

2 Likes

the new cores for the Radium SR125’s accept 28mm of bearings. i think 10mm was questioned cause it would probably share more commonality between boards. for example, Sidewinder is on 10mm axles so it would be easy for me to swap wheels between both setups if the Duality’s were 10mm as well

3 Likes

Would you consider doing 10mm axles in the future? My Pathfinder is currently on 10mm axle trucks and I’d love to be able to keep most of my set up haha :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

i’d also be interested in a set of 10’s for mines. i’ll be purchasing around end of year hopefully

3 Likes