DRI DIY Battery Supply!

The decks I sell are 145mm wide so these would just fit.

4 Likes

Just finished doing this. When you add fish paper for protection I ended up routing about 3/16 off each side on the cutout. That left a little room for padding. It wouldn’t fit without routing though.

6 Likes

Wow almost 5mm each sides…
thanks dude that is good to know

4 Likes

Yeah with fish paper on both sides of the p groups plus a little room for padding, some routing is required. The pcb fits by itself no problem, but the cells end up sitting over the edge a bit either way.

3 Likes

This is on the list eventually, I am just trying to avoid ‘standard’ stuff like the ladder or 10mm strip, etc. Hard to compete with nickel outlets that do nothing but resell it in high quantity, and I prefer to offer custom solutions for specific battery builds.

3 Likes

@DerelictRobot Do you have any pics of the 12s4p 21700 kit and final dimensions? The dimensions listed on the site look a little small

2 Likes

No, we only have the PCBs available at the moment.

The dimensions listed are accurate for the PCB.

3 Likes

Okay, I guess the cells hang off the PCB and the tabs are not centered?

And an ETA on the comprehensive kit?

You can check out the exact layout & dimensions on the source files (just updated), but the cells are positioned in a way that the PCB extends underneath all of the cells, but doesn’t extend into the deadspace from the radius. Also important to note that this particular 12s4p 21700 flexPCB design was built specifically to fit inside the Kaly 2.0 enclosure, so the dimensions are specifically constrained.

Here’s pictures of a 12S4P 21700 using the Kaly 2.0 PCB (which is what the DRI version is versioned from)

Hopeing to have more kit options next month, but right now we’re heads down focused on launching FreeSK8 Beta Testing & Forums.

We’ll be sure to make announcements here when we have a firm ETA.

Updated source files found here:

6 Likes

Will the 12SP4 21700 work as 12S8P, with the nickel from the bottom P4 overlapping the top P4?

2 Likes

Our PCB-Only kit is the only version of the 21700 FlexPCB that is available. We do not have the comprehensive kits in yet.

1 Like

In theory you could do that, but we have both 4P & 8P 21700 Nickel tabs incoming for these kits.

The 21700 kits will also be introducing a pgroup frame design that secures to the PCB to better secure the cells as we scale up in size of the packs. The 18650 kits will get a similar refresh as well, but these are probably Sept-Oct at the earliest.

3 Likes

Sep-Oct for the 21700 p-group frames or Sep-Oct for the 18650 refresh?

2 Likes

The 18650 kits refresh will come Late Sept/Oct.

21700 kits w/ frames will use a different PCB design than the 21700 “Kaly” FlexPCB you see on there now. Hoping to have those ready the same time our nickel arrives, early Sept.

5 Likes

Oh hey! What do we have here?

Batteries? In our shop? Blame @BenjaminF entirely, because that odd duck has been busy working away in the DRI dungeons to build up a small stash of prebuilt 12S4P 18650 packs based on our popular FlexPCB and CompactPCB kits!

Priced at $399.95 w/ 12S BMS or $379.95 without.

Running a special on the first 2 of the VTC5A packs sold, use Discount code: GETJUICED-20

Right now we’re only offering these for Domestic shipping until we get a few more things squared away for international shipping options.

Feel free to bother Benjamin relentlessly with any questions you might have!

6 Likes

All batteries made with love, both metaphorical and physical :smirk:

Organic, fair trade, free range, cruelty free, non-GMO, gluten free, parabin free, dairy free, low-calorie batteries. Get 'em while they’re hot, and then I’ll make some more. My plan is to keep these in stock, though no promises.

What would y’all like to see from these batteries moving forwards? The DRI workshop has a large stock of VTC5A’s earmarked for these packs, so those are likely to be built out first. But do y’all have a cell preference? BMS preference? If you have a suggestion for how I can make these into something youre more likely to buy, I want to hear from you!

9 Likes

Quick update-

21700 4P & 8P Nickel Tabs should be in the store by next week with updated PCB Kits in the following week.

12S Daly BMS available in limited quantities:

We also have one of each of the following batteries available in inventory, discount code still applies:

7 Likes

New & updated 21700 PCB designs & kits will be available next week.

8 Likes

AAAAAAAaaa

Would you clarify the 21700 PCBs that you will update this coming week?

• Kaly-style 12S4P
  • Compact 12S4P
  • Modular 4P group with terminals
  • Vanilla 4-7P
3 Likes