DRI DIY Battery Supply!

Hey folks! Your friendly neighborhood corporate shill here.

We officially have our shelves stocked for our initial DIY Battery Building Supply section in our shop!

Thanks to your generous support over these short last few months, we’ve been able to order in some additional battery building supplies to hopefully make your adventures in not setting things on fire all the merrier. This not only means we’ve been able to add some new stuff, but we’ve also reduced cost across most of our offerings in DIY supplies.

Anyway, here’s some new stuff!

The updated DIY Supply section can be found here (along with individual Battery PCBs):

FlexPCB Battery Kits can be found here:

The various FlexPCB kits have been a big hit and we’ve just got more stock in on those now. Included is a new 12S4P 20700/21700 FlexPCB kit that is built to fit our lovely @Kaly’s 2.0 Enclosure. Please note, Nickel for the 20700/21700 kits is still incoming, so we are offering PCB only per request.

(^ Now available in 25/50/100 packs, per request)
25 Likes

You can spot weld and solder to the P group PCBs?

1 Like

The method @DerelictRobot & @BenjaminF have been using involves spot welding the nickel to the PCB (it’s 2oz pour, so it doesn’t bubble up like standard 1oz can) then soldering the border of the nickel to the PCB to secure it/reinforce the joint. Same for the FlexPCB or the individual P-Groups.

PS: Saw your PM, will get back to you- have just been swamped!

5 Likes

Oooh panel mount xt60 is cool. Is there a panel mount xt90?

4 Likes

cummmon 21700 battery stuffs… 18650 i9s like so last year

2 Likes

Doesn’t exist as far as I can tell, there are print versions of you want though

2 Likes

Im lazy, i just wanna buy a one piece solution. If anyone wants to print panel mounts and glue them to xt90s, I would probably buy :joy:

4 Likes

Says the guy who make dope ass enclosures from scratch?

4 Likes

They don’t exist… yet

Edit: found something from aliexpress, this seems to be the tiniest panel holder for XT90

5 Likes

ohh fishpaper rings nice I needed those.

I’m trying to work with pre tabbed cells so I need to do something funny to get them on over the nickel tabs.

3 Likes

Believe me, my brain has a million little ideas for resin casting little panel mounts and stuff like this all the time. I don’t have time. Just sell me all my wildest dreams @DRI.

6 Likes

I feel like at that point it’s easier to just drill holes and glue in bullets.

No square holes!

You would need to make a holder for the male side but that doesn’t seem hard. lol

1 Like

I don’t want to pull a @MomentumBoards and 3d print some bullshit that will surely melt/break and thus bring shame upon my family.

Heat is the biggest concern there.

Also most of you Mancy’s barely need xt-90. Nobody is pulling that much consistent amperage on these. eBikes, sure. eSurf, definitely.

Pew pew

5 Likes

Douchè

7 Likes

Please show me logs of 90A const and I shall kindly bow down to the inevitable massive be gonads of said rider.

@Arzamenable doesn’t count.

7 Likes

Have used these.
They are pretty solid.
Can be mounted exposed or behind the panel (used both on this - super robust)

7 Likes

No connectors… never turn it off :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Truth. This is from one of my harder rides… pitiful really.

Screenshot_20200727-171117_metr

5 Likes

do u mount them first and drill through the port area? I’m trying to keep my loopkey port as clean as possible

1 Like

I got a 60amp burst today… can I get panel mounted XT90s please? hmmkay

3 Likes