Down bad AF 4 reviews of big daddy Hoyt 5" hubs/tires & testing of 5" tires on other hubs

Holy ballsss the 7" kit is $600

Might have to shed a little bit of my anonymous internet respect.

I wonder what the weight of the hubs and pulleys are. POM is roughly half the density of 6061, and I’m pretty sure most plastic hubs are made of a plastic less dense than POM.

1 Like

This is about right for CNC hubs lol

2 Likes

I know. I guess it’s just the fact we already have plenty of great options for 7". 5" is completely reasonable because we’ve never had anything that size.

I mean, the 7" price is still definitely reasonable. Don’t get me wrong. Just too expensive for me lol

Good question, on the Eovan wheels, they had full aluminum pulleys and they weighed a ton, the Hoyt ones look pretty beefy too

Rockstar II wheels are either GF nylon or just nylon, probably one of the lighter ones out there

Yah damn right. I know I will like the larger wheels, but Im sure I can use the smaller ones on the short track and drift them down to the hubs. :slight_smile:
Im excited! Sliding is super fun on AT tire and pavment!

2 Likes

I’m also ready to pull the trigger on both sets too if I can confirm the inner diameters of the tires. Not sure why it seems to remain such a secret.

2 Likes

I nominate @ShutterShock for a review. He’s done plenty other videos and goes well in-depth. Or give somebody new a try.

3 Likes

He said no self nominations and so far thats all we’ve gotten smh

I’m buying my own set as soon as they are confirmed to fit on trampa hubs (7in)

1 Like

The 5" definitely no given they are about 4" in diameter only leaving 1/2" or less for tire. We considered initially (long story) but felt we’d lose a lot of shock absorption and end up with a lot of pinch flats and rim dings. I’ll check on the 7"s this afternoon and advise.

4 Likes

i remember jeff saying the ID of the tire isn’t going to work with MBS/Evolve/Trampa. Unless he changed his mind on the design…

1 Like

Thanks, Im willing to buy the hubs if needed.
Just need to find a bearing that will allow my Matrix II’s.
I would prefer not to build a new board to ride these, but It can be done.
Also love what you have been doing so no issues supporting the cause, I will find a use for them.

1 Like

Just checked. They no not. OD for trampa-esque rims is slightly over 4", our rims OD is slightly under 5". 7" tire ID is ~4.25’, 5" tire ID is 3".

3 Likes

Given the OD/ID measurements noted earlier, do you want us to loan you a set of rims to make evaluation easier? I’d hate for the assessment to go off the rails because we tried to force them onto a random rim.

3 Likes

That’s gonna be a pretty thin bearing right, since the standard bearing od is 22, and matrix 2 is 12mm axle

I think someone tried to put urethane on the matrix 2, @Boardnamics wasn’t it one of your customers, do you remember what bearing they used

If I’m not mistaken, I think I saw that the Hoyt 5" hubs have a 22mm bearing seat and the 7" hubs have a 28mm bearing seat.

1 Like

If it helps the cause, I will put them on and rip them as hard as I possibly can. (facts!)

5" bearings: 22mm x 7mm, 8mm ID.
7" bearings: 26mm x 8mm, 10mm ID.

3 Likes

26mm OD? Is that right?

1 Like

6000bearing is 26mm OD 10mm ID 8mm width

1 Like

yes

3 Likes