Down bad AF 4 reviews of big daddy Hoyt 5" hubs/tires & testing of 5" tires on other hubs

u have no idea how people use those wheelchair in HK loll
let’s gooooo

9 Likes

Lmao do you have a channel :joy:

There are certain people in our test squad who would definitely be able to given them a good review, I don’t know who has time, but, I agree:

I did a similar write up on the RF wheels back in the day.

@Lee_Wright does good work on YT, but mostly rides MTB
@NullBlox is another guy who does good stuff but mostly MTB
@fessyfoo absolutely wrecks tires so I’m sure he would do bits on them

I have a number of things to test on wheels but there are no self nominations so I’m not going to try to sell myself to you. Wheels are neat though and I’m excited to see another small offering to even out the small wheel gang

It would be interesting to compare their consumption directly to my bergs and the Eovan RF wheels

I would be definitely down to test whatever you guys have questions about. I’ve also got Eovan 6 inch wheels / tires on their way to me as well

4 Likes

Imma give it a shot. I’m working on an in depth review for the Backfire hammer.

Seems the channel description hasn’t updated yet but I’m defo not 14 anymore

Taking this to dms as it’s off topic vv

3 Likes

fk them :joy: we have better options now, those stupid wheel hub / core

2 Likes

Carry over subscribers :joy:

I don’t care lmao, Stakboard is sending them to me. I am very interested to see how much of a horrible pain it is. It’s at least another option to show off. You bet I will complain about that though lol - they said they wouldn’t sell the tires or tubes separately either

I think they deserve a shot. If anything, I’ll just add them to my scoring list for another point of reference for all the other wheels I test.

Edit: are we just self promoting in the hoyt thread lol

5 Likes

I nominate @ShutterShock he does a great job with YouTube videos and I am fairly certain will give an unbiased review. @TheBoardGarage would do a great job aswell.

As for myself I have a set of tires, and you were right Jeff :laughing: there does not exist a hub other then yours that will fit the 120mm tire. So I am patiently waiting for one to be made as we speak for a set of gear drives that I have. I will likely post a YouTube video featuring the tires and my opinions in various threads here :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Yeah for sure, thanks for the shout. @frame you too! I’d like to give anyone else a fair chance to be recommended as well

@TheBoardGarage is just getting into the skate side on YT but I’m sure he is capable of doing a good review too.

@JJHoyt If you’re interested in seeing what a wheel video from me looks like, you can check out my wheels video for the Eovan RF’s. I’m currently working on one for the Onsra wheels, and for wheels, I ride at least 100 miles on them before reviewing

4 Likes

we do but we’re naturally biased. figured folks would prefer an unbiased review.

6 Likes

I did not mean to come off like that, for some reason it removed me responding to @Evwan

Evwan is just starting, and that was the first time I found out about that lol :grimacing:

2 Likes

@DEEIF / SoCal crew (Mario if he has time?) could be a good nominee.

I am also down to send whoever is chosen a pair of berg hubs to experiment with if they don’t already have a pair…

I’m most definitely not in a position to be doing any testing or reviewing. That being said… for all of those reading/considering, please do not take this offer if you aren’t a fairly skilled rider/don’t have a lot of experience to compare these against, don’t have the time to get a lot of miles in various types of terrain, etc… without being a dick, I urge others who’ve been here for a while to speak up if you don’t think who may be chosen is a good fit/will give us quality insight.

tl:dr @JJHoyt is being quite cool with this offer, don’t make it become a regretful experience.

Ooh, you test them on bergs and no worky?

1 Like

Yeah especially with how premium they are, competing directly with XCell and Lacroix, just at a

I feel like bergs are so specific with their diameter, the only tires I’ve run on them are the clever 6 inch and berg ones, and I’m pretty sure those might be the only ones because of the weird OD of the hub

@JJHoyt Do both the 5 and 7 tires fit on MBS hubs?
I’ll buy them to test, I don’t like getting handed products.
If needed I will buy the rims also but I ride Matrix II so would need a different bearing I believe.

We currently know nothing about other hubs (except for maybe @Skyart) , JJ hasn’t tested them on other hubs, and I don’t think it’s respectful of us to try to get that sort of question answered straight from him. Leave it to the community to find out what other hubs work, the tires and tubes are already being sold separately on Hoyt’s site.

I actually wasn’t expecting him to sell the tires and tubes separately, especially right off the bat. Would understand if he only sold them to people who’d already bought their hubs and pulleys. So I think they’re being pretty cool w/regards to that.

Personally, I would be very happy if we choose somebody with a short board build and a larger build. Short as in < 33"

2 Likes

Well, I guess I will find out by paying the toll then.

7 Likes

Ooh baller over here haha

You gonna try the 7’s on the rockstars too?

1 Like

The 5s look smaller than berg hubs when I initially checked them out at a demo. They definitely don’t fit the standard 3.75 hub

2 Likes

If the 7’s fit on MBS/trampa hubs I’m definitely buying a set. Hard to find quality stuff under 8in nowadays

3 Likes

Berg hubs I think are just a tad too small for the 5s

1 Like

Hellcat on kendas vs hoyt 5in for the el1

5 Likes