Doubts after the first few weeks of my first esk8

lol

could be a problem only two holes? maybe when screwed can create a little gap between the enclosure and the deck in the opposite side…

This is not a good idea in my opinion since it’s already a challenge to get a good seal with 4 screws

IMG_20201130_214540

reducing it down to 2 would make it worse.

1 Like

this should be doable i think?

Nah, you’ll have 4 holes. Just meant to make two of the already existing ones, fit and drill another pair for the other two holes.

that’s true

but what’s the real problem here? debris into the enclosure?

idk but from here it seems like I can get only ~2cm before the motor collides with the truck.

yes but it wouldn’t be a very clean job :sweat_smile:

Because the first two holes are 15cm against 15.6cm :

debris, dust, moisture, water etc etc

1 Like

If I remove the existing inserts, fill with some kind of “wood filler” and then screw the new ones nearby (so also into the filler), it will work or not?

maybe it’s a really stupid question :eyes:

I’ve done some tests.

Theoretically by moving the enclosure (and also reverse the orientation) as much as possible without exposing the hole of the cables and filling old inserts’s holes I can fit my current setup.

I’ll probably have to tighten the trucks to avoid collisions with the motor mount against the enclosure at high angles.

For sure I’ll also have to rotate the motor, what do you think?

2 Likes

Cant you get a longer belt and reverse mount the motor?

I finally posted the thread about converting my skate using deck and enclosure from wowgo! :grimacing:

here it is: New Rebuild with WowGo deck and enclosures

1 Like