Doubts after the first few weeks of my first esk8

duude. Gimme one

Free me from the vx1 :smiley:

3 Likes

donā€™t even start :joy: i have 6 vx1 remote, 2 in use, 2 gave to 2 friends, and 2 still sealed in box

i have more remote than board, did i mention i also have vx2 in the bin and vx3 in the mail coming to me

1 Like

giphy

4 Likes

i need some doctor recommendation

4 Likes

Could you please send me the inner dimensions of the housing for the battery pack if possibile?

Iā€™m considering making a 10S2P with Molicel P42As and the FlexiBMS Lite with itā€™s 3d printed case.
Will they fit in or itā€™s better with the classic way by inserting the BMS inside the shrinking tube of the pack leaving the CAN / USB connectors reachable?

Iā€™m not sure if go with the barrel/barrel combo or cone/barrel yet, can someone help me here?
AFAIK Wowgo 3X use barrel/barrel for better stability due to deckā€™s flexibility.

Thatā€™s my cart atm:

2 Likes

I would suggest only getting barrels, as a starting point.
93 in the back, 90 in the front.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks.

You mean 93 and 88 right?

1 Like

If thatā€™s the two nearest steps - yes :yum:

3 Likes

Do you mean only the top one or both?
Or maybe cupped washers in the rears for stability and flat washers in the front?

2 Likes

All of the above. Cheap and easy enough to play around with. If both Iā€™ll usually use cupped on the baseplate side and flat on roadsideā€¦ Usually I just go flat all around though. Cupped rear, or cupped on just the baseplate side and all the other 3 flatā€¦ either way :+1:

2 Likes

Perfect, got it thanks!

1 Like

Update!

I just received my wowgo 3x deck and enclosures but thereā€™s a bad news! :weary:

My motor mount setup itā€™s too long to fit the ESC enclosureā€¦ I roughly need ~16.5cm from the farthest hole of the truck but there are only ~13cm !!

How can I solve this problem?

@xsynatic how do you managed this situation?

1 Like

Aw shit, bummer.

I donā€™t have that problem since Iā€™m using hubsā€¦

Reverse mount it? (motors on the rear?)

1 Like

I thought about it, but it would be dangerous due to collisions considering the deckā€¦

What about a smaller motor mount? For example this type: https://eskating.eu/product/electric-skateboard-motor-mount-alucarbonpro/

maybe I could ask for the dimensions and make some evaluationsā€¦

Fille the holes on the enclosure part and drill them a few cms further from the truck?..
Looks like the hole for the cable has enough slack.

1 Like

Thereā€™s an ad hoc product to fill the holes?

Can I reuse the thread inserts? I never worked with wood in my life :sweat_smile:

Sure, wasnā€™t sure how set you are with the mounts so i didnā€™t list it.

So these are your current options:

reverse mount
Shorter Motor mount
Move enclosure and fill old holes.

1 Like

Not familiar with the deck but a few holes is usually no problem, you can either fill them with resin/epoxy or just some silicon (can be found in most hardware stores f.e)

The inserts can be screwed out and reused unless damaged.

1 Like

on second thought a shorter motor mount isnā€™t enough, I need at least 3cm and i doubt i can get that much from a different motor mountā€¦ am I wrong?

So, about drilling new holes, this is the idea:

In this way Iā€™ll secure the enclosure only with two screws (one for side with new holes) because I donā€™t have enough room for the others as shown in the image ( = motor side).

@xsynatic @linsus what do you think?

If it was me, I would make the ā€œtoo closeā€ holes fit and drill two new ones for the non existing holes.
Drill out the plastic abit to make em fitt snuggly into the first two holes.
But some are more perfectionists then me :smiley:

1 Like