New Rebuild with WowGo deck and enclosures

I can finally make this post! I completed my new e-skate starting from my first DIY build now using the wowgo deck and enclosures. So I would like to share my process of adapting the deck to my electronics and in general the entire work.

This was the starting point, my first diy build! I made the deck by myself with sheets of birch and glass resin, unfortunately too hard to ride:

At the beginning I bought the deck and enclosures directly from the wowgo website, it took about 30 days to be delivered! (I’m writing from Italy)

the first job to do was to move the holes of the enclosures further away because otherwise the support and the motor collided with the electronics enclosure. So I had to close the pre-existing holes with wood putty and make new ones.

then I had to repaint the whole night blue painting. I covered the wood, sanded the interested part, applied anti-silicone and sprayed with the closest color. I’m really happy with the results, it’s really clean!

I still had to change the motor mount because the previous one (TB motor mount 63mm) even with the modification it didn’t fit:

new great battery made by @tinp123, it was a pleasure to commission it! On the battery I have directly installed the FlexiBMS Lite by @SimosMCmuffin for a compact configuration.

loop key installed in the wowgo enclosure with a good looking connector:

with a bit of effort I put all the electronics in that tiny ensloure and connected everything by passing the cables through the deck to test that all the components still work correctly:

finally for a better comfort I have also replaced the bushings of my TB trucks and the pivot cups:

At the end, these are the results, what do you think? :smiley:

13 Likes

It’s been a long time coming!

Looks super clean, good job!

2 Likes

Hey! :grin:
I actually finished it at the end of May but then only today I remembered that I never post updates about it and so here it is!

Thank you so much!!

Looks great man! I’m glad you took the extra effort to fill and repaint the enclosure holes.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Yeah that looks really clean. Nicely done. Seems like a super chill ride.

1 Like

Very clean! Perfectly executed. Enjoy the ride! But eventually you’ll go dual drives haha

1 Like

Thanks! That’s true :grimacing:

1 Like

Thank you very much! It will probably be the next upgrade, I hope so! :star_struck:

1 Like