Doubts after the first few weeks of my first esk8

Ok, thanks.

You mean 93 and 88 right?

1 Like

If that’s the two nearest steps - yes :yum:

3 Likes

Do you mean only the top one or both?
Or maybe cupped washers in the rears for stability and flat washers in the front?

2 Likes

All of the above. Cheap and easy enough to play around with. If both I’ll usually use cupped on the baseplate side and flat on roadside… Usually I just go flat all around though. Cupped rear, or cupped on just the baseplate side and all the other 3 flat… either way :+1:

2 Likes

Perfect, got it thanks!

1 Like

Update!

I just received my wowgo 3x deck and enclosures but there’s a bad news! :weary:

My motor mount setup it’s too long to fit the ESC enclosure… I roughly need ~16.5cm from the farthest hole of the truck but there are only ~13cm !!

How can I solve this problem?

@xsynatic how do you managed this situation?

1 Like

Aw shit, bummer.

I don’t have that problem since I’m using hubs…

Reverse mount it? (motors on the rear?)

1 Like

I thought about it, but it would be dangerous due to collisions considering the deck…

What about a smaller motor mount? For example this type: https://eskating.eu/product/electric-skateboard-motor-mount-alucarbonpro/

maybe I could ask for the dimensions and make some evaluations…

Fille the holes on the enclosure part and drill them a few cms further from the truck?..
Looks like the hole for the cable has enough slack.

1 Like

There’s an ad hoc product to fill the holes?

Can I reuse the thread inserts? I never worked with wood in my life :sweat_smile:

Sure, wasn’t sure how set you are with the mounts so i didn’t list it.

So these are your current options:

reverse mount
Shorter Motor mount
Move enclosure and fill old holes.

1 Like

Not familiar with the deck but a few holes is usually no problem, you can either fill them with resin/epoxy or just some silicon (can be found in most hardware stores f.e)

The inserts can be screwed out and reused unless damaged.

1 Like

on second thought a shorter motor mount isn’t enough, I need at least 3cm and i doubt i can get that much from a different motor mount… am I wrong?

So, about drilling new holes, this is the idea:

In this way I’ll secure the enclosure only with two screws (one for side with new holes) because I don’t have enough room for the others as shown in the image ( = motor side).

@xsynatic @linsus what do you think?

If it was me, I would make the “too close” holes fit and drill two new ones for the non existing holes.
Drill out the plastic abit to make em fitt snuggly into the first two holes.
But some are more perfectionists then me :smiley:

1 Like

lol

could be a problem only two holes? maybe when screwed can create a little gap between the enclosure and the deck in the opposite side…

This is not a good idea in my opinion since it’s already a challenge to get a good seal with 4 screws

IMG_20201130_214540

reducing it down to 2 would make it worse.

1 Like

this should be doable i think?

Nah, you’ll have 4 holes. Just meant to make two of the already existing ones, fit and drill another pair for the other two holes.

that’s true

but what’s the real problem here? debris into the enclosure?

idk but from here it seems like I can get only ~2cm before the motor collides with the truck.

yes but it wouldn’t be a very clean job :sweat_smile:

Because the first two holes are 15cm against 15.6cm :

debris, dust, moisture, water etc etc

1 Like