Do you/can you ride downhill?

of course I can I grew up in Newport Beach…

but when we first started, just as civilization exited the stone-age… we didn’t have skateboards… we took our sisters metal roller-skates apart and nailed the wheels to 2 x 4s… It was really fcuking kool to watch those metal wheels spark!

I shit you not… I have head trauma scars to prove it

6 Likes

Not yet = No

3 Likes

Holy shit your my dad’s age

4 Likes

Question for @BillGordon … meanwhile : i really am serious about this video

image https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWOzkKnD9Ds

2 Likes

I remember when my friends and I tried making diy luge boards out of skateboard parts and random shit in the garage… Fuckng death traps.

6 Likes

Learning bro

1 Like

For a complete.

2 Likes

I wish for you to succeed in your training.
BTW your profile says south east Asia where are you located exactly!

I don’t know how to slide so I’m not ballsy enough to gain more than 15mph and stop when I need to. I’ll stick to the sidewalks on analogue :sweat_smile:

As much as I love going fast (~30mph) having brakes is one of my favorites with eskate.

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with that bud.
Just saying until you’re ready it’s a no.
Like.
If I asked @AlanZhou if he lost his virginity yet.
It’d be “no” not “not yet” regardless of how hard he’s trying.

9 Likes

Lol 10char

4 Likes

Yes, I guess… @yelnats8j can tell you about my attempts of downhill over the past summer… I learned to slide toeside and heelside going like 10mph.

Got up to 33mph on my analog before the hill ended and I rode up the other side :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I can sorta popsicle deck skate though, 50-50 in a half pipe, 5 stair Ollie’s (I ain’t doin that again lol), and pop shuv’s which I learned for a day and then forgot how to do them :expressionless:

7 Likes

Will do tmr,

Dashy is getting there with his slides.

I have gotten much better at my sanding.

3 Likes

Man I haven’t slid since the summer, haven’t had the effort to look for the butteryball wheels which I someone misplaced :grin:

1 Like

I made a luge out of a wooden water ski. It was awesome!

2 Likes

mmm, Beautiful!! see it before but jeez it looks sexy.

2 Likes

Used to bomb hills on my regular trick skateboard but I haven’t done that in a few decades.
I have drifted my Trampa to a stop from top speed but this was more luck than skill.
I still analog skate though from time to time but I don’t have an analog longboard.

6 Likes

Did you make that with a jigsaw? Impressive

What’s the deal with that eggplant?

1 Like

it almost looks like a giant penis.

1 Like

Downhill skating is easy. Stopping without using my face, hands, ass, dick etc is the problem. Attempted a few times in my youth when I attended an event with a friend. Glad there was a soft barrier.

11 Likes