Do you/can you ride downhill?

if there is one thing that analog will teach young jedi’s is not to use your hands or face to break a fall

8 Likes

We used to go up to the clock tower in UC Berkeley. It’s pretty much downhill nearly all the way to the coast. One time I was coming up on the main road right outside of the university in the middle of the night but something told me don’t blast through the intersection. My friend a few feet in front of me barely cleared the intersection before a car flew past. Had I not jumped off into the grass out of instinct I’d be dead. That was pretty much the last time I downhilled without my trusted brakes

6 Likes

Did two years of analog longboarding before I got into esk8, I often hit small hills where I knew I could just keep rolling untill it turned flat again. Man I often went down hills without a shirt and helmet and got speedwobble… after a few times I decided it was time for a helmet, looking back it could have ended pretty badly. But I always had one rule which was: to explore the hill before going down it. Once me and my friend decided to just bomb a pretty steep hill which looked like it went into a long flat at the bottom. However, the flat part turned out to be gravel so we both bailed… got some rocks stuck in my skin and pretty much wrecked my phone that time. Then esk8 first interested me because of the ability to break

2 Likes

Definitely been in similar situations and not listened to that feeling. And I’ve been ran over a be few times now… It’s pretty stupid.
I don’t heal like I did in my twenties, can’t keep that up daily like I used to.

4 Likes