Do you/can you ride downhill?

naw im just not very bright

10 Likes

It appears that so far in the poll, only a third of the people here have experience with going fast without electric brakes.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been into Downhill since 2004 or soā€¦ raced from '06-08 MCGF 6, Demons of Downhill, freeriding and NoVA outlawsā€¦ I used to be sponsored which was fun to tell people, even 12 years later itā€™s something Iā€™m proud of. My avatar pic is from ~2007 or so :nerd_face:

After '08 I slowed down a ton, only hitting the local runs once in a blue moon when I wasnā€™t feeling super lazy. The experience downhill served well since I never stopped longboarding in general and the skills learned are invaluable for feeling and being safe going fast in general. Finally in 2018 I discovered Eboardingā€¦ and the first year was like I was back in the old days of downhill, just everywhere up and downhill.

Itā€™s been a while on an eboard, and I take it easy now. I can still slide, drift, etcā€¦ Iā€™m just not 15-20 years old anymore.

11 Likes

No I have experience with that. It just wasnā€™t a good one. Well, the whole experience was okay but the ending sucked. Although it may have been a world record for longest slide through grass.

7 Likes

Its sad that alot of people here canā€™t even analog skate. Gah how much more elite can we be @Skunk. Bunch of posers.

7 Likes

I got back into analog for the purpose of getting into esk8. Before that the last time I was on a skateboard was about 25 years gap.

Still canā€™t downhill for shit, although Iā€™d love to be able to.

3 Likes

Nice! I love that esk8 gets people into skating.

I was making a joke in my post before, there was a dude on the other forum who was calling everyone posers because they didnā€™t analog.

6 Likes

No worries, but when I say Iā€™d love to be able to, itā€™s like saying Iā€™m going to, just as soon as I have the right gear (and skateboard setup). Iā€™d totally rock a Cantellated Tessy soon as I can.

2 Likes

Would be a disaster on a gravity board. ZERO skill. E-board I hang with the Hillers no problem. Is what it is.

12 Likes

Same. I accelerate down hills that I would not consider a regular board on. Maybe its the confidence with brakes or just a mental thing idk.

3 Likes

Itā€™s funny when you break a course all time record going up the hill though!

7 Likes

We think very much alike. That was almost going to be my reply word for word

3 Likes

probably off topicā€¦ I thought the tesseract was my dream board just drooling over it on the internet, until I got the chance to stand on oneā€¦ and I realized I absolutely hate the concave. I really wish Iā€™d have loved it, itā€™s such a sexy deck.

4 Likes

Admittedly Iā€™d have to try it out, but stunning yes!

2 Likes

@Skatardude10 have you seen this before?

https://loadedboards.com/products/chubby-unicorn-blood-slayer-longboard-skateboard

1 Like

600 dollaroos

4 Likes

Ahhā€¦ the push days. Those were simpler times.

I need to get off my ass and get back to riding this a few times each week.

5 Likes

I got to the upper 40s once on a canyon road in so cal truck pulls up and yells " dude your going 45". At the bottom of the hill their was a dip in the road. We didnā€™t scout it before I bombed it. I got isnta death wobble and forehead slid into the curb. My right eyebrow has never been the same. I didnt wear helmets back then :laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

You need 1 more option : ā€œnot yetā€

3 Likes

I can change it to add the option but will the votes still be there if I do? I wouldnā€™t want to reset it.