DIY Wheels - Hollow Wheels - Very Comfy

Still waiting patiently for mine to be shipped…it has now been a good while

On Feb 2nd, i was “up next”… :disappointed:

1 Like

Oh Sorry about that. Please text me or email me. I am most responsive on the website chat.

Oh, I hope you’re ok! I’m sure you’re doing this already, but apply ice, raise your knee, and then keep doing that daily till you’re better.

2 Likes

Ok. I have emailed a few times already but will try again. I’m in New Zealand so text or phone call isn’t so convenient. I’ll email again now. Ross.

3 Likes

:grinning:

13 Likes

Welp, I’m sad to report but my hollow wheels pro had a single wheel delaminate from the core. Heavy carving was involved but I weigh roughly 190. Wheels have less than 75 miles on them. Loved the wheels but sad to have this happen.

4 Likes

Very interested in the failure rate, maybe @TheGoodMomentum could publish some data points? :smiley: So far it seems pretty low.

3 Likes

I am willing to ship the wheels back for further research into what the cause could be as well. Anything for science

1 Like

When it comes to comfort, the Momentum wheels are waaaay better than 90-110mm solid urethane. Not even close.

3 Likes

Send an email to request a refund.

3 Likes

Thank you, idk why I assumed the forum would be quickest. Idk if I want a refund necessary as I support the project and want my money to be used for future improvements but my pockets are tight atm.
I’ll shoot an email once I decide

1 Like

Just curious… Rear heel side or toe side failure?

2 Likes

Rear heel

2 Likes

I will take a look at this. Send me an email and I can have better eyes on this. Are you ok?

In between doing all operations, marketing, and engineering, I have been super strapped on time. In the meantime, I am hired someone to help with operations so I can dedicate myself to engineering. I also have gotten a beta tester in China that is near our factory so this will expedite development and engineering time (no more wasting 3 weeks in shipping). He is also an engineering student and a die hard esk8 enthusiast.

For the PRO, I reduced the weight limit to 190lbs (board + body weight). It was previously 210. The fatigue resistance is a little bit lower on the PRO so I have to do some more analysis there. The PRO is still on V1 geometry. The comfort is on V2 geometry.

I’m starting to work on V3 now to improve grip, comfort, and durability even more. It’s going to be dope.

Now that there are a lot of wheels out there, I am gathering feedback to make the wheels even better. 100% money is going straight back into product development and R&D; I’m not paying myself for any of this.

5 Likes

Is it @Stealther ? :grimacing:

4 Likes

I have had about 5 failures so far out of over a thousand shipped. But this is because I also have been limiting the weight limit too and I have been trying to be cautious. It will be improved though but still working on a timeline

4 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Do you have any data on what proportion of your customers actually meet this requirement?

I’m a fairly light guy (~148 lbs), but add on a backpack + gear and that only leaves around 20 lbs for the board. I think most people’s boards are heavier than that (mine and many other’s are much heavier), and a sizable portion of people are also themselves heavier than me as well.

7 Likes

I ask everyone to complete a survey on board, weight, riding style, etc. but not everyone has it. So it is data that can only be used with a grain of salt.

1 Like

nice guess haha

1 Like