DIY Wheels - Hollow Wheels - Very Comfy

I’m not too worried about it. I just crossed out my info instead of pm-ing him in case other people were having the same issue, this convo would be public and others could fix issues as well.

3 Likes

That works too :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

@Akbrock47 Ahhh crap. Damn software issues. Let me fix it. I’ll DM you in the meantime.

Update on V1B wheels. They are on a 300lb rider right now and he is beating the crap out of them. I am also putting 2 more sets on two other riders right now that are 250lbs+. I have instructed him to carve as much as possible.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3OTEwMzMwMDIzNTg5Mjc5?story_media_id=2973140108047658383&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Going well so far.

8 Likes

Just got my wheels all the way down under. Hopefully dry this weekend to take it for a spin.

6 Likes

I fixed the codes!

Black Friday Deal starts now till 11/29

4 Likes

Waiting for better weather :sob:
Btw, the Kegel version fits the elofty/boundmotor ddrives, the abec one needs more force to sit on the abec adapter for boundmotor. The Revel Kegel Adapters spikes are too long.

3 Likes

Boardnamics kegel spikes are too long too. However the abec ones fit perfectly since the wheels have abec outer core

1 Like

There’s enough room on BN 220 axels to add spacers and use kegel.

4 Likes

I just got a boardnamics m1 gear drive with the too long kegal spikes. What is the concensus, drill into the outer part of the wheel, or trim the adapter spikes? It looks like I would need to drill about a third into the wheel and i am leaning that way.

@Tbone Try adding a spacer or two between your pully and the wheel bearing.

1 Like

I personally would much rather drill a little bit than do that. If you only engage with the inner core, you could have slippage, I feel like.

3 Likes

Reminder that there’s a sale going on for the Hollow Wheels! Also, check out my preview of them:

doug gave me permission to advertise here

9 Likes

Hey All,

I hope you all have been well.

Just an update on the Comfort Hollow Wheels V2. Testing has been going very well. I am going to be kicking off tooling modifications and production this week, so it will be complete before Chinese New Year (starts mid-Jan). So they’ll board a boat to the US Mid Jan and then I should be shipping all the rest of the orders and all subsequent Comfort Hollow Wheel Orders late February.

9 Likes