DIY Wheels - Hollow Wheels - Very Comfy

Other wheels already outlined in competition (in YouTube channel). Personally I’d like to see tb110 tb120 and cloud wheels 105

2 Likes

There is no TB 120, and again gear ratio makes a difference. It would need to be adjusted to be exactly the same. However, I can provide feedback on if they skid easier, and compare them in other ways to those other wheels

3 Likes

let’s see the comparison with onsra rubber wheels as well, it would be interesting

2 Likes

There is tb130 tho.

I don’t think anything more than 110 can be made to withstand delamination with current core options. I never thought about it much but I’m honestly surprised 110 works as well as it does with respect to not failing at the junction of core & thane

1 Like

Yeah those are the grip king of non-pneummies imo

2 Likes

Not sure if the tb130s had a smooth core but i guess with this kind of reinforcement it could be possible.

grafik

3 Likes

quite frankly im under the impression that anything over like 115mm is stupid and shouldnt exist. like get rubber/pneumatics at that point. The weight of those wheels wil deplete the shit out of your range.

1 Like

Right, I meant tb 100 and 110

1 Like

Just ordered a set. I’m too hyped for these now. I hope they completely replace the TB110 and rubber honeycombs as my go-to airless wheel.

3 Likes

My Cloudwheels would like a word with you in private.

2 Likes

Sorry for lack of response. I got in a massive car accident (someone’s tire blew out and I ended up T-boning them at 60 or whatever mph) so have been taking time to recover. That one hurt.

The extra Price thing for 4 kegel or 4 ABEChas been active for a while. I didn’t change the 2 ABEC and 2 KEGEL pricing, that was the default configuration since the beginning. In order to get economies of scale, I created a mold that has bolt ABEC and Kegel in one shot so that people wouldn’t have to go and get a custom pulley and so it can just plug into whatever pulley.

Some people want 4 of the same but this means that I have to make more. There are a lot more boards that use Kegel as standard than ABEC and so I have to make a disproportionate volume of one configuration over the other. Creating some inventory risk on my side.

Another production update coming soon. Still on track. Getting closer.

34 Likes

I’ll get on more of these comparative tests. Thanks for the feedback and the support!

I’ll shoot the braking distance and try to hold as many variables constant.

Performance on wet roads… it’s not going to win any awards here. I don’t really know of any wheel that really performs great on wet roads where you can get dry levels of grip.

For the 40-50kg kid, I haven’t specifically tested on with any kids, but if you can help clarify your concern then maybe I can provide some 2 cents. Are you worried that these wheels won’t work as well with lighter payloads?

5 Likes

Wow, bad accident. Glad you’re ok so i get my wheels still haha

Nah seriously, hope no long term issues from such a big impact :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

On wet road - it’s not about winning, I’d be just happy to have comparable results
Yeah, less weight put on board would probably make it less flexy and less comfortable. Just wonder are you planning other compound options?

2 Likes

I can take 4 wheels in a fight

1 Like

Jesus bro… Glad u walked away from that one :flushed:

4 Likes

Glad you’re relatively okay, dude. Looks pretty hectic.

1 Like

You have a big heart, J. :joy:

6 Likes

I’ll see if I can get comparable results. I honestly cannot remember the last time it rained here in CA. Maybe I can try to wet the road at some point.

Comfort is inversely proportional to weight. The more weight the less comfortable it will get. This is true with all wheels.

For instance, if you compress a wheel .25" (6mm), it will need about 100lbs to reach that deflection. The higher deflection, the more weight is required to deflect.

These are just numbers for reference and not actual measurements. I have measured a ton of wheels this way and most wheels are pretty linear and no progressive in their deflection rate.

3 Likes

Oh yes. I am planning other compounds. I am releasing a notice in that in the upcoming blog post.

Since I tested so many compounds in the past 2 years, I found one that is very, very grippy but a little bit stiffer but still comfortable and one that is very comfortable and a little bit less grippy but still pretty grippy. Developing a little graphic for that.

4 Likes