DIY Wheels - Hollow Wheels - Very Comfy

What if I’ve already paid for mine and am UK based?

So if we are unlucky customs will charge for EU VAT when you forward doubling VAT effectively?
If thats the case it might be clever to split the big package from Momentum in UK and EU.
Since brexit I avoid buying from UK, everything got much more complicated…

2 Likes

For some of us in the eastern hemisphere, is there going to possibly be a distributor here? Or is it going to be all sent from the US?

1 Like

No, I will 100% not get a single customs charge on import. If you buy something with a VAT number, you are charged no VAT, but must charge VAT when selling to UK customers.

So the wheels will be imported with no VAT. VAT Will only be applied when selling to a UK Customer.

This is literally the same as shipping from US directly to you, with the sole exceptions that its cheaper, faster and 0 tariffs, which would be an additional charge on top of VAT some countries levy against china and the US but not the UK.

2 Likes

We’ll have to work something out because there may still be 20% VAT to add onto the price (Which would have been added by customs on its way from the US, but will need to be applied directly at point of sale if fufill it to you)

1 Like

So the options are either receive from the US with 20% import tax or it goes to you and I pay 20% tax right?

Yall going on about that extra 20%, lets see em first and see how good they are no?

4 Likes

I’m not fussed about the 20% just gimme the wheels!

1 Like

Yes, but from the US it’ll take a lot longer or be much more expensive to ship, and the duty could be a bit higher.

2 Likes

Lol I’m dying to try them, hopefully the schedule stays on track

I’m making a video on them as soon as I ride them a bit

Oh as a sidenote, people who haven’t purchased them, what are the most important things that you want to know about them?

I’ll cover those things in the video

8 Likes

I actually have two sets showing up (first batch)

so I need someone to come and race my with the other set. Got the track and glass shards ready already.

4 Likes

clearance when going over bumps with M1 drives, given they will compress more than any thane, or rubber? wheels.

4 Likes

Just one for me but I was first batch too lol I ordered in August or whatever, before the first batch even filled up

2 Likes

Good things to check out. Yeah I’ve got those larger airless wheels, Eovan, and urethane to compare to.

I have pneumatics too obviously but I don’t think I need to compare to those since they aren’t really in the same category

2 Likes

Comparison with 115mm onsra wheels, comfort, and a “scientific” range test. (Not really a range test, more of a (wh/mile) in a given circuit compared to other wheels.)

This is important, how much deformation are we going to get.

How easy is it to make them chunk? (Maybe test them in a gravel road?)

How much difference does the different inserts make?

This last one it’s more out of curiosity: Do they deform under acceleration? What I mean is that as the wheel is hollow, we might see some turning of the core before the “outer case” starts rotating, due to material flexibility. That would be a cool slow mo shot!!

3 Likes

This is something I want to work on. I’ll put it down on my list of things to do. I have lots of wheels and my street build can wear most of them so I can get some good numbers.

How many miles do you think would be a good number for range? 5 miles?

Don’t have those quite yet, wonder if I can get a pair for a reasonable price.

3 Likes

Basically just how they compare to other wheels, how well the inserts work and how the durability is.

I would’ve bought them “ages” ago if i had a belt drive board :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

That seems good to me. As I would want a realistic scenario, i wouldnt hesitate on “flooring it” at least once in the test, as real riders don’t try to be as gentle as possible with the throttle!

Also, try to be as consistent as possible to the throttle applied between tests so, it would probably be best practice to designate where are you going to go faster and where slower

1 Like

This I think will be the hardest thing to test because he’s been beating the crap out of them in regular testing. Obviously it’s a different kind of harsh than real roads but at the same time, I have a feeling it will be difficult to break them.

I’m mostly wondering if stuff is going to get shoved into that crack between the two pieces.

And how the inserts affect the ride. I don’t think I selected those in my initial order though, @TheGoodMomentum can I add inserts to my existing order?

3 Likes