DIY Wheels - Hollow Wheels - Very Comfy

See above! Sorry for the delay in update, everyone.

3 Likes

Just read this entire thread from start to finish and man that is a ton of information. I have to say though these wheels look amazing. I live the idea of having the standard white wheels and black ones as well. Is the white still an option or was that decided against? I didn’t see it on the website so I figured I would ask.

9 Likes

It will come, but the MOQ (minimum order quantity) is pretty high and a little big of a big pill for me to swallow right now. But my goal is to offer that by Summer’s end or when I can put up the money for that separate MOQ volume

3 Likes

Fair enough, still going to try and hop on the order train for the black ones because they look awesome as well, there was just something about the unpainted white thats looks like its on another level, as far as wheels go.

2 Likes

Green! Green! Green! Green! Green!

(Jk white and rit would be gr8)

Would be awesome if you sold wholesale white wheels to someone who could fulfill custom color orders!

Lastly you think harfang could cut rain grooves in there or is that pushing it?

2 Likes

Shipping of all the orders would ship out not very long, as soon as I can confirm that this batch is good, then I will immediately wire the funds to get the next batch going as fast as I can. I’ll provide more details on the next update on next Monday night.

I’ll try to get white out as fast as possible. I just have to save up some money to afford the MOQ so I can pay it in advance.

6 Likes

Hey Everyone,

Quick update: My manufacturer is still organizing the timeline. They have received all the raw materials for the core and thread. They finished machining the revised production mold, as per the last update, and have to run a couple of injection tests first and then dial in the injection mold settings (pressure, temperature, duration of press, etc.) to make sure it is good before the batch run.

This is week 10. The factory said they would let me know this week on the timeline. They have a lot of other jobs so I think they are clearing the queue.

Will send another update later this week, contingent on when they get back to me.

Thanks,
Doug

21 Likes

Wow these look awesome! Is there plans for any group buy for the EU market?

Yeah, I am working with @Anubis for distribution for the EU

14 Likes

How would that work since the UK is not in the EU union? Then it would not matter if I would purchase from you directly…

4 Likes

US to EU Shipping takes about 2 months and there is duty to half the countries. UK to EU there is 0 duty and it takes a week (Plus it simplifies the taxes, UK → EU shipping won’t require a VAT registration)3

3 Likes

Of course :grimacing: :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

So nothing changed since the Brexit?

1 Like

no not really. There is a wide misunderstanding on how taxes work in the EU, people get a “customs bill” and think they’ve been charged extra when its just the same 20% or so VAT that’s applied to literally everything they buy.

1 Like

You mean that everything we’ll order from you will be charged 20% extra VAT?

1 Like

No not extra vat. just vat. If you buy something from me there is no VAT charge on my side, the VAT is paid on the customs bill.

1 Like

Yeah I know what VAT is, but this is just to clarify that you’re not including VAT in your prices and therefore we EU citizens who buy from you will have to pay 20% more on delivery due to VAT
Not your fault though.

So should there be an option to show the price without VAT on the website ?

For EU Customers, an item shown as £120 will cost £100. So yes you pay VAT, but its not 20% “more” its just the normal amount.
To be clear though, nexusboards is not VAT registered and so yes technically there is a 20% bump for EU customers. The wheels will not be sold through nexusboards though, they’ll be sold through momentum boards via me as a person so there will be VAT applied for UK customers and not EU.

4 Likes

Yes, it will automatically show without VAT for non UK customers. We may be able to pre-charge VAT for popular destinations so no import bill comes, but there would be no difference in price between the two