DIY NRF51 Now Works on FW4/5

Well ack seems like a good fall-back point if everything goes crab-wise, so I believe I’ll always have a known good motor-controller that works on ack… But ack, as you know is a dead-end… If I’m to go forward like the rest of the esk8ing hominids nrf is the way, presently!

Thanks for the post buddie!

3 Likes

Just go w nrf man. Hm10 is becoming obsolete, if it isn’t already. Additionally, it’s not hard to flash these nrf modules using swd. Well worth it

3 Likes

Yes, it’s true. @Scepterr has what are probably 99% likely to be the only two functional B-Boxes in the world. The unicorn of unicorns.

5 Likes

Dang that’s crazy, and here we thought esCapes were rare

4 Likes

I have 2 more embryos incubating :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Oh boy haha

2 Likes

KaramDibs

3 Likes

you’ll have to pry them from my cold dead covid ridden hands

5 Likes

Oh pfft. Easy peezy. What’s your address? :crazy_face: I’m more scared of my mom than this covid. Haha

3 Likes

:eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant: :sweat_drops:

1 Like

Im scared to ask - is this one of those situations where buying a MetrPro Unity… vs a a MetrPro is going to make or break the functionality.

Background: Raptors (Since removal of the Stock enertion PCB was the easist and most impactful single change that was ever done) - Im looking to use my WAND with the board.

Wand uses nrf52xxx, which act as both receiver and BT. This means you could use it w vesc tool app, assuming you have an Android.

Fair warning, some of these cheap modules are abit unstable. Add a 1uF capacitor over the ground and vcc and it usually fixes it.

1 Like

Lazy option available if you don’t want to flash and make your own connector.

2 Likes

I tried this with an nrf51822 on 4.12hw, when i try connect in the SWD prog tab it says: ‘‘Could not recognize target’’, any ideas?
~e~ over openocd it worked flawlessly so its not the module.

1 Like

Why is that?. why NOT pair NRF remotes?
I have a controller from a cheap chinese esc that went wrong and i wanna used with vesc. I should buy a nrf52xx insted for nrf51xx?
Im looking for compatibility, blu config and remote

Could you send a few screenshots or short video how to flesh nrf51822? I have bought it and I can not flesh it.:smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I’ve set this up and it works on mobile.

But I can’t get my vesc to show up in windows vesc tool. In windows settings it shows up as “VESC BLE UART” paired. UUID is paired in my vesc tool.
Any ideas?

This is the problem. Connect on mobile and change “paired” to false. You’ve locked yourself out.

I tried to remove the pairing with my phone still won’t show up on windows vesc tool

anyways shouldn’t I be able to pair both instances of vesctool?

1 Like