DIY NRF51 Now Works on FW4/5

I have the only 2 working ones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
thanks to @b264 for donating his never powered on betas to me, I was able to ā€œfinishā€ them and everything is working

3 Likes

Firmware 6ā€¦ HM10ā€¦ And ack?

Well thatā€™s news to meā€¦ Thanksā€¦ Perhaps Iā€™ll give it another goā€¦ Or bite the bullet and just go NRFā€¦ That looks like the future!

2 Likes

if sticking to ack hm10 is your only option, if you want 4/5 then nrf is your only option

and yeah Iā€™ve been running ack on my escapes forever with hm10

3 Likes

Well ack seems like a good fall-back point if everything goes crab-wise, so I believe Iā€™ll always have a known good motor-controller that works on ackā€¦ But ack, as you know is a dead-endā€¦ If Iā€™m to go forward like the rest of the esk8ing hominids nrf is the way, presently!

Thanks for the post buddie!

3 Likes

Just go w nrf man. Hm10 is becoming obsolete, if it isnā€™t already. Additionally, itā€™s not hard to flash these nrf modules using swd. Well worth it

3 Likes

Yes, itā€™s true. @Scepterr has what are probably 99% likely to be the only two functional B-Boxes in the world. The unicorn of unicorns.

5 Likes

Dang thatā€™s crazy, and here we thought esCapes were rare

4 Likes

I have 2 more embryos incubating :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Oh boy haha

2 Likes

KaramDibs

3 Likes

youā€™ll have to pry them from my cold dead covid ridden hands

5 Likes

Oh pfft. Easy peezy. Whatā€™s your address? :crazy_face: Iā€™m more scared of my mom than this covid. Haha

3 Likes

:eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant: :sweat_drops:

1 Like

Im scared to ask - is this one of those situations where buying a MetrPro Unityā€¦ vs a a MetrPro is going to make or break the functionality.

Background: Raptors (Since removal of the Stock enertion PCB was the easist and most impactful single change that was ever done) - Im looking to use my WAND with the board.

Wand uses nrf52xxx, which act as both receiver and BT. This means you could use it w vesc tool app, assuming you have an Android.

Fair warning, some of these cheap modules are abit unstable. Add a 1uF capacitor over the ground and vcc and it usually fixes it.

1 Like

Lazy option available if you donā€™t want to flash and make your own connector.

2 Likes

I tried this with an nrf51822 on 4.12hw, when i try connect in the SWD prog tab it says: ā€˜ā€˜Could not recognize targetā€™ā€™, any ideas?
~e~ over openocd it worked flawlessly so its not the module.

1 Like

Why is that?. why NOT pair NRF remotes?
I have a controller from a cheap chinese esc that went wrong and i wanna used with vesc. I should buy a nrf52xx insted for nrf51xx?
Im looking for compatibility, blu config and remote

Could you send a few screenshots or short video how to flesh nrf51822? I have bought it and I can not flesh it.:smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like