2 Likes

so much truth in that statement its not even funny

3 Likes

close to 3 grands with the wand here

your motors aren’t expensive enough I am disappointed :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

100 bucks each
Cheapest part were the griptape

The black ones are sold out, if you need them soon you could grab oil-slicks here (in stock):

:rofl:
Did you use enough? (stupid question because I’m also not sure how much is enough)
I have the feeling that 648 remains in the tiny gap better whereas the 638 gets more squeezed out when sliding (and rotating) the gear on the shaft.

2 Likes

MBS need to restock badly, the bindings are also OOS in most places

5 Likes

This saturday is my birthday (42 :flushed:) so I gonna party with myself this year #socialdistancing :man_shrugging:

I have decided to accept a gift from myself which is a BRO deck :grin:

Hopefully @Haeroboards receive them soon and can send it to me in gift wrap paper with a nice ribbon bow, can’t wait.

12 Likes

medium stiff?

Yes :smiley:

1 Like

my early bday present

4 Likes

Time for some updates.

I had some great rides ´but the motors reached 78°C so I had to take a break.

Spring is great and riding through high grass is fun (when there are no surprises).

After the break the motors had 35°C and after 5 minutes riding 65°C. I’m afraid i have to decrease the 100A motor amps when it’s getting hotter than 22°C outside.

Unfortunately the problems with the Matrix II got worse. I mean first thing is that on every ride after a couple of kilometers the kingpins get loose and I have to tighten them. I have to tighten them before each ride as well. This is since day 1.

I have big issues with shifting motor mounts on the oil-slick. As earlier written it took me 1-2 weeks to get the drivetrains straight on the hanger by using different spacers (tapes). It was fine but after some time one mount started to shift outward, now the other mount moved inward and the bolts touch the tire.

So what can I do… good bye oil-slicks we had some great times

When I cleaned the hubs I found this :flushed:

Shit, where is my paint stick…

Before

After

I change the motors as well, bought APS 6384v2 in 200kv.

battle hardened with milliput

I’m curious how they perform. They are not perfect, the stators are rusty, one had some loose windings and after battle hardening I recognized a small crack in one magnet. Also especially 1 motor shaft wiggles a bit inside the bearing and the other just a very little bit. Clack - clack. On my commuter 1 APS motor has the same problem since day 1 but it still holds. But I run the belts loose otherwise every turn there is an annoying clicking noise. I guess and hope with gears this is not noticable.

7 Likes

Same issue here. Shifted drives after some rides. They WERE straight. The baseplate screws are tight down hard.

2 Likes

Maybe sand the oil finish off at the part the baseplates clamp onto?

3 Likes

I’ve used several systems and I think the clamp system from TRAMPA (and maybe 3DSERVISAS) is the best to prevent mount shifting.

4 Likes