DIRT MACHINE | E-MTB | E-TOXX | 1:6.25 GEARING

dont let phil see this :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ll just shoot a msg to him :kissing_heart:

Defacing his artwork

1 Like

@rich get ready to dislike all your other decks… once you go bro you dont go back.

That reminds me, need to pay my invoice @Haeroboards… will do that tonight

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sweat_smile: Why do you do this to me :scream:

Is that for the battery box?

5 Likes

No, just because… I hate dogs.

:joy: :joy:

(Yes, it’s for the battery box)

3 Likes

Wait until you see what me and my plunge router have in store for your decks… it’s going to be beautiful :heart:

4 Likes

@rich You take your time for replying :joy:

1 Like

Haha yes, you and all the other guys posting this nice pics and comments in the Bro thread.

it could be, I can’t find the info yet.

Yes they have a set screw but it makes no difference if you use it or not (with helicals).

According Loctite here my advice after suffering a long time:

Loctite 638 is too thick and from my experience not strong enough. Because of the axial load of the helicals after a few rides the gears start to shift on the motor shaft which results in loud knocking noises in offroad conditions. I test after almost every ride if I can move/shift the cans or not (or more than before), that’s the easiest way to recognize the problem.

However with the recent motors I switched to Loctite 648 (thinner) and it holds strong like on day 1. It seems that the problem is solved (fingers crossed). I had many rides so far and the cans don’t shift. On the Jumpinator II (glued with Loctite 638) the gears shifted on the second ride already, now it’s worse, need to re-glue.

If you have straight cut gears forget what I wrote :laughing:

Sell this sentence to Phil, sounds like an advertisement :grin:

Sorry, during replying I had to research, take pics, make a coffee, go to toilet, smoke…
Next time I’m faster :joy:

6 Likes

That’s it. I’m giving up and shit the bed. He’s too stoned. That’s why you’re slow. :wink: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hm ok that’s interesting and good to know.
The straight cut gear I ride came lose twice with 648, so I ordered 638 as I thought the 648 might me too liquid :sweat_smile:
Will be helical on the maxi, so will give it a try with 648 than first.

2 Likes

You’re kidding! You’re kinda forcing me to buy the E-Toxx hubs, oilslick Matrix II and 9" MBS tires one day because it looks so fucking dope on your build :smile:

2 Likes

4 eyed dog :grin:
Clean work :ok_hand:

1 Like

Aaaaah :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You could understand that wrong :point_right::point_left::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

:white_check_mark: me and no 9"

Not yet… :joy:

2 Likes

That’s why the maxi drive is there. :joy:

2 Likes

@Andy87 Bearing spacers are for loosers :joy:
Edit: just forgot them :kiss:

Nice machine mate, love it! This is my common DIY project. I’m just looking for Metal matrix 2 trucks. No one available/in stock in Europe. Where do you get your stuff from? It is not that easy to get it shipped to Norway where I’m living.

1 Like