DIRT MACHINE | E-MTB | E-TOXX | 1:6.25 GEARING

So at least your hanger has a straight profile and you can re-tighten it.

Spooky I was just writing exactly the same when you posted this :laughing:
On my black Matrix II one mount shifted as well but the oil slick surface is very slippery.

@Mainflow did you tighten the set screws again after the first ride? MBS aluminium is quite soft and can need several times re-tightening. That’s why I didn’t use driveguards in the beginning to have access to both screws.

:shushing_face:

1 Like

Hey rich. I also noticed that getting the mini drive straight on the MBS hangar was super hard. I don’t know if the Matrix 2 truck is going to be suitable if the drives keep moving, I hope this is not the case but it remains to be seen I guess. My APS motors were ok, not impressed that you got sent poor motors.

3 Likes

Trampa trucks are (in theory) squared that’s why it’s easier and better for motor mounts. I also had massive problems with shifting mounts on Trampa mini trucks, regular sized trucks work better.

1 Like

Its hard to design a system like that with m2s

Did it work without any tapes or spacers in the end for you?

Mine looked like this when mounted without any spacers.

I couldn’t trust my eyes

7 Likes

Yes in the end I slackened and retightened with a set square, your post doesn’t fill me with confidence.

2 Likes

arg … I’m a bit reassured as I feel bad for you and your awesome setup… I tough it was just me ^^ but it finally come to the scene again, yrs after.
Its mostly why I have to let go my etoxx GD for 3Dsas, plus now they make awesome precision hangers too to go with, more perfectly squared thant trampa one (who was more parallelogram finaly).

What @rene has done with Duffman/etoxx is also the solution !

It’s possible to make clamp axle/hanger system on M2 truck, but even better to use the brake hole thread like Overion did and some other use to do now Moon :wink:
haaaa… can’t wait to bring my GD to life !

3 Likes

Yeah I use the brake hole

Still not perfect but you have to make compromises

5 Likes

Unless you’re a loser like me and overtighten that big bolt and ruin the threads in your hanger hole.

3 Likes

yes, MBS hanger is too solf for that!.. and you well know that too much is too much ! you cant try m10 then now :laughing: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure if the shape of the oil-slick hanger is slightly different or if it’s just bad luck with my hangers. The shape of the black ones I have is much better (and still mounts are shifting but it’s easy to re-mount). When I hold and press the motor plate by hand on the black hanger without screws i can’t wiggle it sideways but on the oil-slick hanger I can dance with it. Maybe the edges are different, no idea.

Using the brake hole is a good idea except for @Saturn_Corp :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, sorry for the thread bro. If it helps I stripped and ruined many things, too :joy: That’s part of DIY

3 Likes

I overtightened a M3 socket head :rofl:
That moment when it snapped was not so funny

Edit: On the second motor I stripped a set screw so I couldn’t even switch to socket head bolts :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Usually, I screw up the toolprint before that :laughing: yes its a so hard felling…

1 Like

What is this?
My dictionary doesn’t know this word :man_shrugging:

you can all try to find a welder, fill the hole, and drill then tap again …?

1 Like

The profile is slightly bigger i think because of the coating

2 Likes

I don’t know the english world, I make frenglish as usual, hoping people will guess ^^ sorry
the hexagon socket of the screw ?

also, sorry for this little off topic mate !

1 Like

The other setscrews hold the Overion mounts on just fine. Very rarely they will loosen so I check before every ride they don’t wiggle but the last time I had to tighten I added more loctite and they haven’t had problems since.

New matrix 2 hanger would be the easiest fix but after all these qc issues I’m not sure if want another one.

If/when I change trucks I’ll have to get new bottom pieces of the mounts.

Sorry for derailing your thread @rich!

3 Likes

Tres bien! :rofl: :joy: :ok_hand:

Ah I know what you mean, that’s the part I also ruined on the second motor.

Nothing here is off topic as long as we don’t talk about e.g. food or global warming :laughing:

I begun with the matrix II trucks so it’s a discussion :wink:

1 Like