Demonseed 44 Enclosure now with 42 inch goodness

I wish more enclosures fully covered the bottom of the deck like this, means way more room and honestly aesthetically I think it looks way better. This build is gonna be crazy when its done

11 Likes

amazing curves!
Wouldn’t fit a double stack a presume? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

fits 80 cells

fits 16S5P

people still asking about doublestack

Man, you must really be strong LoLz

@glyphiks do you have a photo just like that but with the cells turned the other way?

6 Likes

Awesome enclosure I made my 1st ever enclosure this week out of fibreglass it looks if dogshit could shit then step on it twice, I used the wrong kind of Matt way too much epoxy. But it’s a learning curve and I am still in dogturd land. Stealing all you ideas though helps.

2 Likes

You could do a weird staggered thing to squeeze more in, there’s 25mm depth.

@b264 you can fit 30 cells the other way but it gets a bit closer to the escs. Will get a photo tonight.

2 Likes

Where do you get the fused silica, doesn’t sound like something I cant get from Bunnings or my local marine supply?I know it’s used in glass blowing.

With a shitton of sanding and coat of paint it might turn out ok

5 Likes

https://trojanfibreglass.com.au/product/fumed-silica/

4 Likes

Thanks BigBen your a freaking legend…

Thats exactly where i get it and all of my fibreglass supplies. Great company.

2 Likes

Thats looking awesome dude :ok_hand:

And the epoxy is 1/2 the price of my supplier…thanks mate I didn’t expect BigBen quality first time. I should not of used course fibreglass chop. Over all I am happy with it. I nearly did it in CF, then remembered CF is like a Faraday Cage. So no signal…

2 Likes

That’s a damned fine looking shape there.
Nice one.

Is there a good guide I can follow to making my own enclosure? I hate how my enclosure doesn’t conform to the shape of the deck and so wanna make something more aesthetic

2 Likes

Of course you have a link. Thanks Brian

1 Like

Please use that thread only as a ‘guide’

I really should make a new one now that I have a bit more experience.

2 Likes

I trust your experience more than most. Can I get basically everything from Bunnings, at least for my first try as I don’t wanna waste good quality materials on a bad attempt

1 Like

Bunnings is hideously expensive for fibreglass supplies, and the stuff is shit quality.

You’ll get 5x the quantity of better quality gear from Trojan for the same price you would pay at bunnings

2 Likes

There ya go mate. 30 cells east to west and room for 2 x focbox. That’s pretty damn snug tho.

6 Likes

And there’s my setup. Suuuuuuper keen to get this running.

10 Likes