DemonGeese | Semendeed | 21s4p | 2x D100s | 4wd

but hey

you’ll have one heck of a heckun blast for a board once she’s good!

like a project car :joy:

3 Likes

And hopefully not a literal blast!

21S 205kv is pushing it.

To get FOC detection working accurately you need to tweak the detection parameters to account for the high erpm. Often overcurrent fault is caused by poor calibration.

4 Likes

That’s what us 3 “stooges” are here for :grin:

albeit, @Shadowfax 's build is more “reasonable”
overall we’re here to say fucc it, we ball

4 Likes

Any recommendation on what numbers to tweak first to get better results? I think I saw somewhere someone mentioned detection using one of the heavier motors, but you get that scary pop up so I wasn’t sure I should.

1 Like

how do you know if it’s working accurately or not?

Well if its not you’ll be getting overcurrent faults at relatively low currents, and it won’t feel as powerful as it should.

Try this:

I’ve tweaked the detection parameters to account for the higher erpm.

It’s also possible that the FOC algorithms are just struggling to control the motors at such low duty cycles as would be required to prevent huge currents at 21S. It might be ramping up the duty too quick and then overshooting the target current. There are gain settings for this but Mr vedders descriptions are not really clear enough for me to understand what does what so I haven’t played with any of that stuff yet.

8 Likes

Thanks :pray:! It does feel like it’s ramping up too quickly and overshooting. At some point I’ll revisit FOC and try this.

2 Likes

Dude Liam your settings are clutch! Preliminary bench testing is showing good signs, no faults! Unfortunately it’s dark and wet out now so I couldn’t go test it out on the street.

Only thing I changed was 1000 uS to 500.

9 Likes

How good is this Liam guy helping out and still supporting non radium, radium motors :wink:

10 Likes

Does radium sell 6355 motors? afaik radium motors are 6485, and the smaller motors aren’t available from radium, so not really a competing product.

I think @poastoast grabbed some from Liam but it was a small stock if I remember correctly.

well that’s flippin exciting!

Yep… he was the original to start stocking them and the latest versions are now based on his 85’s

4 Likes

mhm! i took 2 of the 3 pairs that were available :joy:

2 Likes

Bros we’re in a real good place…

Best I’ve done to date, but it’s not better than the feeling of no faults (even with wheel slip). Still not :100: on this board, but way closer than ever before.

Suffice to say we’re going after it this weekend at I2S.

I owe a lot to @Tony_Stark, I’m going to buy that board when it’s available dude. Was planning to before but have one more reason to now :laughing:.

11 Likes

Niiiice.

Glad to have helped :call_me_hand:

And yes you’re 1 Mach One in debt now😇

5 Likes

makes me so happy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Went out tonight for more launch testing and overall confidence. I also decided to move up to 12T pinions putting me at about 5.5. Figured AVS is a big track.

So even with slightly lower torque I’d say it went pretty well.

I’m still letting up after 30mph so working on that.

Butttttt I decided maybe a few more cause confidence was definitely rising…

Went up to 307 motor amps 135 batt, and oh shit it was one cold night but hit 78c on the motors. @fessyfoo @ShutterShock i think I might have to worry lol.

8 Likes

Oof good luck haha

Three of us had hot motors at avs, it’s a matter of how many laps it’ll last pretty much

We’re running these motors so high nowadays

Maybe we go back to heat pipes :joy:

1 Like