DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

How does that work? How is the mount attached to the spacer?

1 Like

The light mounts are overlapped a little into the spacer. Printed at 100% infill, it should be strong enough to hold. That being said, I think I messed up on the design trying to make it stronger. I overlapped the mounts but that’ll get in the way of davega. I need to fix and reprint now.

Okay the fix is in but I haven’t reprinted and tested yet. Should be okay though

This is a version previous to the fix for the overlap. I thought I’d try anyways and it worked out haha. The fixed version should be better though

3 Likes

Nice! That’s what I have actually thought it would look like. The preview at the link that you provided looks like this, which is a bit puzzling. :slight_smile:

Do you mind if I put a link on davega website? Any plans on putting the files on thingiverse?

1 Like

To short M3 Screws!:joy:
All things I do, goes into a wrong direction. :rofl:

2 Likes

Must be some weird rendering issue :sweat_smile:

Yes, please go ahead and put it on davega’s website!

I wasn’t planing on putting it on thingiverse but I can! I have it on tinkercad because I was hoping it would allow people to copy and edit it to fit their own flashlights and needs.

1 Like

Yeah, you’ll need longer screws :stuck_out_tongue: Something you can try though is sizing it smaller in the z dimension but I think you still would need longer screws

I think tinkercad is good. I was just checking. Thanks.

Added (https://www.davega.eu/3d-printables).

1 Like

What light is compatible with that mount?

It was a free flashlight I got ordering from https://www.18650batterystore.com/

I have it on tinkercad so people can copy the design and edit it to fit their needs. The current one that’s up will perfectly match the linked flashlight.

1 Like

Nice thank you.

1 Like

Made a short video of a ride testing an old action camera, it features the Davega X a few times while riding. Once I get a good camera and some more miles ill step up the game and make a review.

1 Like

@janpom would be possible to have the LCD and the “brain” separated by wires? I was thinking in making it completely flush with the deck, but maybe extending the connection would lead to issues

Yes, it does work. I tested it with 100cm cable and it was OK. Only a bench test though. Haven’t tested while riding. It’s worth a try. Can you desolder the display? I could send you a new unit with the display separated. Happy to do it for the cost of parts and shipping to support the science. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

New DaVegaX ? What’s different versus the one at the beginning of this thread?

1 Like

Definitely not. There’s only one DAVEGA X. Was probably meant as “the new DAVEGA” (as opposed to the open source DAVEGA).

2 Likes

Yeah, probably less than 100 cm

And no problem desoldering it, it will be a while before I order first I want to get my MTB riding before pimping it

Another question, I missed a bit of the discussion, as it is, Davega X shows the information from multiple VESC’s right? If my plan goes right, I will have a unusual setup, 3 VESC’s, 3 motors, but the third one only used when needed and will not spin all the time due to a clutch

1 Like

Currently it just reads the data from a single VESC and interpolates. There’s actually not a whole lot of value in reading from all VESCs. It’s still doable (as long as they are on CAN, of course) and on the TODO list. Just not a super high priority for now. Nobody has specifically requested it yet.

1 Like

Yeah, no hurry for it

As I understood with the new structure of the data on the recent vesc firmwares I understood that the master can compile the information from all slaves on CAN bus instead of using CAN foreword individually

1 Like

I am the one with 110 cm cable here. I’ll tested it. Works.

1 Like