DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

Yea but the base plate is countersunk

If you dont want to drill through you could always use some strong double sided tape like this one:

I am seeking for the option to drill two holes here

so it would match my bottom screws without interfering with the top ones.
But then the issue, and I am wondering would not countersink screws work with this device as it does have a bit of space between the plate and the PCB.

But then the head of my screws might be too big for it :/…

2 Likes

Wes drilling would work, if you get some countersunk screws it should be fine. I used 4 countersunk screws now.

1 Like

FW v1.3.0 is out. CHANGELOG.

It’s not too exciting. I added a preference for “reset session on charge”. It’s in the Misc settings. Someone wanted it. I can’t find the post now.

I also changed the “motor pole pairs” setting to “motor poles” since people kept putting the number of poles. :slight_smile: Now putting the number of poles is the correct thing to do. Only even numbers can be entered. Your settings automatically change when you upgrade.

There’s a new “About” screen that will tell you your current bootloader and FW version as well as your VESC FW version.

“Device ID” is quite important. It will be soon needed for the new updates being prepared. Please keep your device ID confidential.

7 Likes

BTW, if you were checking for updates in the last week, you might have noticed the v1.3.0rc. The rc (release candidate) will typically appear a few days before the release. You can install it if you’re curious but please do the backup first. The pre-releases may not be stable so please be prepared to that. Testing them and reporting bugs is much appreciated.

It’s easy to return to the previous FW version if something is wrong. You can simply switch back using the firmware menu. Should the new FW be so much messed up that it doesn’t allow you to access the firmware menu you can downgrade by holding the down button while booting up. This is the bootloader functionality and thus it always works regardless of which FW is installed.

6 Likes

Twas me and someone else that I can’t remember all of a sudden. Thanks! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It was me that suggested it. It’s so cool to be able to influence the development of this device. I can’t wait to see it really take off

1 Like

12 Likes

Is there a way we could add a autorestart feature when it locks/freezes up. Kinda like a watchdog?

What kind of locking/freezing do you have in mind?

1 Like

Ummm. I think you misunderstood me. My DaVegaX locks/freezes up when I demand sudden power/throttle from the board. It would be a nice feature to have the unit autoreboot after it locks up at x amount of time.

I’m still investigating this. Trying to rule out a few things first.

Shouldn’t this be prevented by that capacitor on the DAVEGA X?

1 Like

What does the “freezing” look like? White screen?

Yes, and telemetry numbers are static. Red blinking to no blinking.

You using this with your flipsky?

1 Like

My friend does. I have one on my vesc6.

Wait, either it’s white screen or numbers are static. It cannot be both at the same time. :slight_smile: Is it sometimes white screen and sometimes frozen screen?

1 Like

Yes, at times white screen. On some occasions, static telemetry numbers then eventually turn into white screen.

I have wierd problems like this too. Sometimes it locks on a certain speed and I’ll stop and it says 15 mph. Other times I’ll lose all data and it will only display the battery bar at the bottom. I haven’t thought it’s the Davega though. My light controller is a power suck and causes all sorts of wierd things. Metr pro has wierd nuances when the light controller is plugged in too. I figured it was just the controller. I’ll start logging issues I see now