DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

But instead of throwing it away I was hoping they would pair it with some electronics and i could buy it for a discount. One can ask and if they are not interested i’d understand, no harm in asking.

Oh ya that’s possible!

1 Like

So, I finished the Davega assembly a few days ago and as @janpom asked I´m gonna post some pictures about the process.

Jan did once again a great job with the tutorial videos (post #288). It´s pretty straightforward if you folllow the videos. I´m not a experient diy guy and I had no difficulty at all with the assembly.

The first step was to glue the glass to the housing. I used silicone just like Jan suggested in the video. I had to repeat the process because on the first time I put a lot of silicone. :sweat_smile:

The next step was assembly the buttons.

Then the PCB soldering (board, capacitor, connectors and display)

Final assembly

Did a test run yesterday, about 8km and everything is working fine.
Forgot to change the battery settings, I´m running a 10S battery and the default setting was 12S hence the battery indicator showing 0% and I was running almost full charge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Perfect! Well done, man! :+1:

2 Likes

DAVEGA glamour. :slight_smile: No photoshop.

26 Likes

Does anyone have this on an Evo 40? How/where did you route the wires?

1 Like

This is on EVO 36. I suppose there’s not much of a difference.

1 Like

There I only crimped the wires after routing to keep the hole as small as possible. If you don’t have the tools for crimping I recommend that you at least unpin the wires from the JST housing for routing. Wrapping the crimps in a masking tape helps.

1 Like

The article is based on usage on a Landyachtz Evo 40.

I drilled a hole in the deck, 4mm I think, ran the wire through and put the rubber riser and trucks over it. The edge of my enclosure is only a couple of inches away so I just put a piece of black duct tap over the wire, with the tape edge under the riser and the enclosure. You don’t notice it unless your looking for it.

2 Likes

@Riako Do you plan to put all those wonderful davega accessories on thingiverse? I’m working on a davega website and I would like to add links to all available 3D printables. It would be great to have yours included.

5 Likes

Of course! Done :wink: :+1:

Plus, I’m finishing your idea :

You can see the inserts for magnets(they are strong, for less than 10g to hold it should be good).

(the right one is 10° riser, but it’s too much, 5° max I would say, here with the shield I’m working with 4° be cool with the threads or you will fuck them up)

• I have to insert the magnet and dip them in resin
  • then make a little finish and painting

:v:

6 Likes

Woohoo, nice!

Thanks for sharing the models. I hereby grant you the title of DAVEGA X platinum contributor. I’m not yet sure what exactly that means but it sounds cool. :laughing:

4 Likes

:star_struck: thx a lot! It definitely sounds super good !!

Can’t wait for the next addon I plan :love_you_gesture::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just got my davega x yesterday! Super excited! It really exudes quality. I got the raw aluminum version and plan to powder coat it to match the rest of my board.

3 Likes

Davega x on my colab build. Since everything is already top mounted I simply mounted the Davega x on some shock pads with a cutout for the wires to snake out. Added benefit of having additional vibration dampening to the electronics :grin::grin:

8 Likes

@Creavenger Would you mind sharing the gasket files on thingiverse? It’s a simple thing but it looks very handy.

1 Like

Yes of course, totally forgot to upload it. Will upload tomorrow and share the link :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Woke up to 15 degrees Fahrenheit, so haven’t been for a ride, but I got it mounted and working!

13 Likes

Semi assembling today! Can wait to use this thing!

6 Likes

Davega has a new website at davega.eu! It was supposed to be simple and finished in a few hours. Two weeks later… :laughing: But it’s done! Finally we have all the relevant info at one place. No more need for digging in this endless thread. :slight_smile:

We’re also working on a davega video. We already have some nice footage. Just need to edit it.

The gallery has pictures from the following folks:

I hope it’s OK, guys. I do give you the credit at each picture. Please let me know if you’d like any pictures removed.

27 Likes