DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

:heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Backing up the data/config to cloud is reasonably stable now. In case of a memory error, the davega automatically restarts and attempts to upload the backup again. This is the same idea as firmware updates. The second attempt (after restart) should always succeed. At least I didn’t have any failures there during my testing.

You can now install it as the FW v1.2.0.

BTW, here’s the firmware changelog.

Currently, there’s not much you can do with the backups. You can merely get them listed as shown below. However, should anything bad happen to your davega, I’ll be able to help you to restore the data. This will eventually get automated. I’m also working on the davega.eu website and I’ll soon launch an authenticated section where you’ll be able to view the details of the uploaded files.

12 Likes

Guys, Mike Maner just dropped his review on this gem:

19 Likes

9NHqCfC
Shutup and …

7 Likes

Decided to get the naked one. Things that are on the top of my deck tend to get scratched up and Naked metal looks better scratched up than colored metal with metallic scratches all over lol

The naked one looks really nice.anyway.

3 Likes

Good choice! Unfortunately you’ll need to wait a bit for the raw since I’m currently out of raw housings. More are hopefully coming soon from @LR-designs.

2 Likes

I dont mind the wait. This is for my new build and Jaime is working on my new deck atm.

4 Likes

Hey so after a hundred or two miles with this thing I have one feature I would like to propose. Is it possible to have a setting that automatically resets the trip odometer when the board goes from low charge to full charge?

6 Likes

Yes, that makes sense and is easy to do. I’m putting it on my TODO list.

10 Likes

To add on that functionality, can Wh/m also reset automatically?

1 Like

Consumption (Wh/km) is tracked at two levels – session and lifetime. The session level one is reset when the session is reset. So yes, it would also reset automatically.

6 Likes

that build is gonna be siiiick!! i regret NOT getting the raw.

2 Likes

DavegaX…no data. I updated firmware to the latest v1.2.0.

1 Like

This happened to me. Try rewriting your Vesc fw

1 Like

Did you set baundrate on Unity?

5 Likes

Just did that…working now…thx

3 Likes

11 Likes

To the guys/gals concerned about the black anodize coating scratching off. It is very unlikely unless you crash into something. The coating is a “hard” type anodize that is extremely scratch resistant. It has a ceramic like surface.

I have had this rear reinforcing plate on for a few months which is directly under my foot, even with daily commuting the coating has not worn off. It has only chipped a little on the sharp 90 degree corners. But the davega X does not have any sharp corners so should not scratch even if your stepping on it regularly. :metal:

8 Likes

Serious request, Do you guys have any that are like have deep scratches or dents that you wouldn’t sell full price?

I would assume if they did they would just replace the aluminium housing.

1 Like