DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

God damn it, I’m going to have to buy one of these for my new build. I can’t stop hemorrhaging money on parts.

6 Likes

I’ve found you set a budget then add 500 to that because there’s too much awesome shit you didn’t know you needed here.

5 Likes

If only 500 were enough​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

my budget was 1000 bucks. after doing the research i was already about 2k over. :grimacing:

4 Likes

I’ve got the board built but here’s how $500 for extra stuff looks on my end

Usplit and ttl beta group $200 after lights

Metr.pro $80
Race remote 285
Dave ga x 125

I’d be roughly $200 over a 500$ cool shit budget

4 Likes

For me it was 1500 then

• metr pro unity
  • Bowery Surf DD adjustable base plates
  • Tim skinning my Haya
  • Safety Gear

Well over 500 extra :man_shrugging:t3:

I was also going to do the TTL but I was already so over budget lol
Davega was on the list too but man I gotta save some stuff for later

6 Likes

Yea I haven’t even started on the choo choo and it’s around 400🤣

Here’s how to assemble the DIY kit. I had to split it into multiple videos since I wasn’t able to fit it within 15 mins.

Watching at least one episode of Pat & Mat first is mandatory:

Assembling the DIY kit:

Final assembly. This may be helpful for everyone who plans on ever disassembling and re-assembling the DAVEGA. It’s very informative. I’ll show you how to use a wrench and a screwdriver, as well as other stuff you surely didn’t know. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ahaha, done ! Really funny. How old is it ?

This particular one is from 1979. As old as I. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First test and I have to say I really like it! Everything works like advertised and shown in the instuctional video and its easy to setup which is always nice :slight_smile: Its cool to see the stats while riding and to finally have a fancy battery % indicater. I especially like that I can switch the speed to motor or battery amps on the go. Its nice to see the live amps I draw on steep climbs etc. I’m only wondering if I can get the motor temps visible on the main screen while riding :thinking: @janpom

12 Likes

Not at the moment but screen customization is on the TODO list.

Nice pics! I’m glad that all works.

7 Likes

I justed tested mine and all works flawlessly.

7 Likes

It’s not open source, sorry. The 1.0 is the first public FW version. The previous versions didn’t have any extra features. If you have a feature request please make it here. I imagine many people will want customized screens. Short term, I’ll just add several more screens to choose from and you’ll be able to disable the ones you don’t care about. Long term, completely custom screens will be possible.

3 Likes

How much is the unassembled kit? I don’t see it on the google order form anywhere

Oh it´s there, i think they are 87 euro. Below all the personal info, at the choises you have to make, the DIY option is there, and in the text is the reduction in price :slight_smile:

1 Like

And a another 5€ discount, if you pay over SEPA.

1 Like

Will do. That’s easy enough.

About the FW v0.5.0, that shouldn’t actually be there. I just disabled it. That would actually be a downgrade.

1 Like

Thanks… I’m just blind ignore me :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @janpom Mine arrived today and I mounted it on the board and it fits great. One issue I have is it’s not showing telemetry correctly. It started off like in my photo until I changed baud rate to 115200 from 9800. Now mosfet temperature shows accurately but many values are either null or wildly incorrect. Since posting this it now displays for a moment before switching to a bug screen showing a few files. Is there something I need to change with my vesc settings?

EDIT: Firmware update fixed this! If you experience a similar issue that might be the fix.

Here it is on a re-drilled Trampa carver by the way.

3 Likes