DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

The rear is sexy AF!

Filled out, really hyped about this.

2 Likes

It’s a7 pin

1 Like

The housing looks great on EVO. You should go for it. :slight_smile: I’m afraid I’m sold out for now though.

2 Likes

Here’s a quick DAVEGA X overview video: https://youtu.be/Gr6nVnvTw2g

10 Likes

I am impressed :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Awesome !! Thanks a lot :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Killerfeature. Able to change vesc settings.

Oh yeah…that’s hot. Esk8 part tracking in one place. Love it.

I’m interested to see what someone comes up with for a drop through solution, because this looks brilliant!

Nice video. This is getting me even more excited haha. Its so good! Beyond expetation really.

3 Likes

So good! Cant wait to put it on my mtb!

That’s brilliant man! Two questions :

• would you be able to use a e-paper screen in the future (I believe B&W or limited color screen is enough like b, w and red)? Or is a e paper screen retrofittable? These things don’t consume much and are great for daylight use (you can add LEDs lighting for nighttime).
  • is it able to transmit its data over metr or metr does the job already? Cause I see a lot of useful checklists like parts mileage and not sure if metr already does that job?
1 Like

Anything is possible but it’s definitely not an easy task. The display dimensions would likely be slightly different so it’s not just about changing the FW but would also require changing the housing and PCB.

While e-paper screens have excellent readability on direct sunlight, the refresh rate is not great and I’m not sure how well it would work for realtime data. The cost would also be higher.

Overall, I’m not saying “no” but it’s probably not going to happen anytime soon.

We currently don’t have a good way for getting the Metr module and DAVEGA talk to each other. This may be possible in the future when both devices have CANBUS.

For now I think it would be easier for @rpasichnyk to add his own implementation of the parts lifespan tracking to Metr.

3 Likes

Assembling…

17 Likes

yeah yeah…my battery arrives soon as well.

4 Likes

Looks neat!

Whats the thickness of it in total?
I’m not very familiar with the project and the information is probably all somwhere but I can’t help but think this could be achived on one PCB instead of a sandwich? Or maybe theres a reason?

Is there any option to be able to install this on a Trampa mtn board?

Im gonna try it when I receive mine. I expect to have to make a custom mounting plate.

It depends on a particular board. It’s been discussed here. You may need to customize the baseplate.

@mmaner Can we please have this and the last two posts moved to the https://forum.esk8.news/t/davega-x-gauging-interest/ thread. This one is meant for questions about purchasing.

2 Likes