DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

Can this hopefully be fixed by adding some decoupling capacitors?

2 Likes

If the 5v is patchy on vescs, wouldn’t that also affect the PPM/PWM 5v terminal? Meaning we would get issues from PPM/PWM users?

1 Like

@janpom can i add a buck converter to future design already? :rofl:

1 Like

Hehe, not relevant. Let me know if you need a replacement cable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s already a 100 uF capacitor. I actually wanted to test with bigger ones. I purchased some beefy 22 mF capacitors but haven’t had time to test them yet.

2 Likes

I’m re-doing the poll since I didn’t make the previous one public and it’s quite important to have the list of people who experienced some issues. Sorry about this.

How reliably has your DAVEGA X been working:

• I have done more than 100 km and had no issues.
  • I experienced restarts, freezing, or white screen.

0 voters

Thats just silly. :sweat_smile:

True. That’s a good point. Maybe the difference in power consumption is a factor. DAVEGA takes about ~100 mA at 5V with WiFi disabled and ~150 mA with WiFi enabled. I don’t know how much a typical PPM receiver takes but I assume it’s less.

This could be due to to the receivers having a lower minimum input voltage requirement. Depending on the ESP32 breakout board used, the 3v3 LDO can require 1v-1.1v drop, so your minimum input voltage required before unexpected things start happening would be around 4.3v-4.4v. If the 5v supply from the ESC is regulating to slightly under 5v then you are left with a small window for voltage drop over the cable and power sags due to current demanded by the motors.

3 Likes

Fuck. No cable tunnel kills my Davega.:sob:
This is the supposed place of my davega.

Print the spacer I made and route the cable underneath the board.

4 Likes

Thank you so much. I slice it tomorrow and print it with PLA.

2 Likes

No problem! I had that same problem and that’s what I ended up doing :slight_smile:

You will need longer screws however.

3 Likes

“Only” 20 kg of Prusament PLA :joy:

1 Like

haha wait where did I put only 20kg? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have mine routed forward but if you have a top box style, you should be able to just reverse it and it should work.

1 Like

I also created another one but with flashlight mounts on the side. You’ll probably have to modify it slightly to fit your specific flashlight.

2 Likes

I go for a full light system. Not a Fleshlight in front of my board. :yum:

2 Likes

Fully agree! I have bar lights in the work but this was a quick and dirty solution that I thought I’d share :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How does that work? How is the mount attached to the spacer?

1 Like

The light mounts are overlapped a little into the spacer. Printed at 100% infill, it should be strong enough to hold. That being said, I think I messed up on the design trying to make it stronger. I overlapped the mounts but that’ll get in the way of davega. I need to fix and reprint now.

Okay the fix is in but I haven’t reprinted and tested yet. Should be okay though