DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

Hey, What’s the fix for No data? I just received and setup my DavegaX and no data on display. My setup is on Trampa VESC 6 MK3, the DavegaX is connected to the COMM port on my Can VESC because the main VESC has the BLU module attached to it. I setup the Can VESC for PPM and UART and 115200 Baud. My Can VESC has both the DavegaX connected to it along with the PPM receiver.

Please check you don’t have TX/RX swapped. Wires have to go like this:

DAVEGA       VESC
       5V <---> 5V
      GND <---> GND
       RX <---> RX
       TX <---> TX

Also double-check the VESC that the DAVEGA is connected to is really set up for “PPM and UART” with the correct baud rate.

If none of that helps, please report your DAVEGA FW version and your VESC FW version.

2 Likes

Isn’t it strange that rx from one device goes to rx from the other device ? Always saw serial going like rx/tx et tx/rx.

1 Like

Of course it’s rx/tx and tx/rx. That’s how UART connection works. This asymmetry unfortunately inevitably leads to a labelling problem since “RX” label can mean both:

• this is the RX pin, or
  • connect your RX wire here

On DAVEGA it’s the latter. So the pin labeled RX is actually TX and vice versa.

1 Like

Hahaha, ok :slight_smile: First time I see that kind of labeling but we learn new things everyday !

3 Likes

Voted. Thanks for posting this here, as I had not seen that thread.

1 Like

I applied for VAT registration yesterday. As soon as I get it (probably in a few days), there will be additional 21% VAT for all EU customers. If you’re thinking about getting a DAVEGA X, this may be your last chance to purchase VAT-free. I’m temporarily prioritizing EU orders because of this so this also allows you to cut the usual 2 months waiting.

Here’s the order form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeumwVR7J5ZxPHDDXG-HFmUjEh5_lcl4SgkcUiTscnMtfvvXg/viewform

7 Likes

Pardon my question, but why did you applied for the VAT registration ? Is it mandatory where you live ?

I did the math and figured it’s better financially, especially since most of my sales go outside of EU. I’ve been trying to reduce the paid VAT as much as possible by ordering parts in small batches but that’s not sustainable. Plus, I’m setting up an office/workshop and there will be both one-off and regular costs with VAT included.

So basically I could either keep going without the VAT registration and increase the price for everyone or get the VAT registration and retain the prices for everyone but EU folks.

4 Likes

Also pardon me but does this mean that non EU folks get taxed instead or do you
under value the customs value?

Non-EU folks don’t pay EU VAT. They should pay the import tax in their own country. This applies regardless of whether or not they purchase from a VAT payer. In other words, the VAT registration does not affect non-EU sales in any way.

US folks, in particular, are lucky in that they can purchase from abroad duty-free up to a high limit so there shouldn’t be any tax on DAVEGA unless they order like 10 units.

2 Likes

Wow really? I didn’t know this :open_mouth:
So why do us Europeans have to pay hell load of tax if it comes from the US?

Sorry for derailing, I’m just curious and I don’t find the documentations clear as the details vary from one example to another :slight_smile:

Because we have shittier tax laws.

5 Likes

The davegaX should be at around 100€ then, right?

It’s between 100 and 144 EUR including shipping depending on whether you are in EU and whether you’re purchasing the kit or pre-assembled.

If i were to buy it: EU and not assembled

114 EUR if you pay by SEPA. 5 more if PayPal. That’s including shipping and VAT.

1 Like

That makes sense !

@janpom Filled out the order form, just curious what the current lead time is. Thanks !