Davega problems or questions

Looking at the code. I suppose you keep your DAVEGA on while charging? That would explain why it doesn’t work. The current logic is as follows:

• on startup, check current voltage
  • compare with the voltage recorded right before switching off
  • if the increase is at at least 2.5% and the current SoC is at least 80%, reset the session

So it only works correctly, if you switch your DAVEGA off, then charge your battery and then switch the DAVEGA on again.

Not ideal. However, detecting that battery pack is charging is not straightforward in a general case (no smart BMS involved) and you don’t want to simply react on the increase in the voltage since then you may accidentally reset the session while braking. I could get implemented for when DieBie or Flexi are available.

Good, definitely can be used as temporary workaround :+1:

Maybe this is not very hard after all.

1. Check for voltage increase
  2. Check that current is 0 (no braking)
  3. Check that rpm is ±0 (no movement)

Another minor issue, sometimes DAVEGA switches to BMS view when braking (I think only when full stop). If I understand correctly, this happens because DieBieMS changes state to “charging”. But I would prefer DAVEGA showing the same screen.

1 Like

Right, I should just take rpm into account. I actually already do the same for distinguish between charging and regenerative braking with DieBieMS.

Ah, thanks for reminding me. I used to have that problem too but then my board burned down and the problem disappeared with that. :sweat_smile:

I disregard DieBie reporting “charging” while RPM > 0 since that’s regenerative braking. DieBie sometimes has a little bit of lag and it reports “charging” even when the board has already come to a stop. Then DAVEGA thinks charger got connected and switches to the BMS view. I just have to add some delay there. Should be easy.

2 Likes

Is there a way to convert 5V DAVEGA to 3.3V? (to mitigate white screen of death issue)

I’ll PM you.

Just finished my build so far out of 3 rides every single ride the davega x has shut off one me and I have to turn off my esk8 and turn it back on is their a fix for this

1 Like

What does the shutdown look like? White screen? That one requires resetting the display which can be done by pressing the middle button twice (enter and exit menu). No need to power cycle the board.

If you’re troubled by this a lot please try securing the cable connection both DAVEGA side and VESC side. Add some silicone or hot glue. It should help.

Alright ill try that yeah its kinda a white screen ill take a picture next time it happens

2 Likes

Think this could be the problem went to hot clue the connections and found this

Right. Definitely doesn’t look good. Will you be able to fix the cable? If you have enough length, you could cut out the damaged part and then solder the two parts together.

If not, PM me. I can send you another cable.

Should be plenty of length guess its time to learn how to solder what gauge is the wire

It’s 26 AWG.

I put some electrical tape around it just for a quick fix and it didn’t cut out on a 15 mile ride so that appears to be the problem

2 Likes

A small glitch that went away with a restart :).

4 Likes

This is pretty unique looking lol

I wonder what would make it change colors and display a random line like that?

I have seen a similar thing happen on mine when I connect the charger. As if caused by some kind of interference. I’ll be looking into it.

May be a stupid question, but when fully stopped, my Davega shows 31 for the speed, not 0. Is there a reason for that? Is that the top speed I hit during the ride?

When I start accelerating it resets back to normal and shows the speed.

@janpom

It shows your range when you stop. See the small label in the upper right area.

1 Like

What truck bolts is everyone using on Matrix II trucks? Mine are too wide and wont let the housing down over it.

The baseplate is made for M5 bolts with a countersunk head.

1 Like