Davega problems or questions

Awesome! Just tested tested a short m5 on either end and it worked like a charm! Ill pick up some 30mm length ones tomorrow.

1 Like

Iā€™m having a weird issue with my Davega X. I can try and showcase it if needed.

However, it primarily happens when Iā€™m holding the brake, the Davega X screen will start flashing like itā€™s trying to load and keeps doing it until Iā€™m off the brake.

Any ideas?

I havenā€™t had anything similar reported before. What kind of VESC do you have? Are you able to test the DAVEGA with another VESC?

It could be a cable routing issue. Could it be that something moves slightly in your enclosure and presses against the cable as youā€™re braking?

Hereā€™s a video. I donā€™t have another VESC to try it with another. Iā€™m using a unity.

Edit: Ignore the cogging

Also it seems like the remote can control the Davega as well. It just went into settings and when I pulled on the brake it went down the list of settings.

Itā€™s registering the right button-presses. Please try removing the right button and see if the issue goes away.

Edit: Just unplug it. You donā€™t need to remove it completely.

This just confirms thereā€™s something wrong with the right/down button.

Looks like youā€™re using the screen as backing plate? Thatā€™s kinda odd. Who knows, maybe itā€™s putting too much pressure on the button and activating it.

1 Like

Yes, even with removing itā€™s still having issues tho.

What kind of vibrations is that?

Note that buttons are disabled while youā€™re riding so you can only experience this behavior with some heavy vibrations in standstill. Thatā€™s not a standard use case.

Sensorless motors so I have shaking at low voltage situations.

Is there a way to just have a button lock if thatā€™s the case. Although it doesnā€™t make sense that if I hold it, it doesnā€™t have issues. But the moment it touches the plate it has issues.

I unplugged the right button (up arrow) and I no longer have issues. How can I get this repaired?

Edit: Odd, plugged back in and so far so good.

Follow up: Issue happened again. Unplugged right button and then the Davega started entering settings. Removed that button and then the left button started getting triggered. All buttons disconnected now and itā€™s working but obviously I have no way of switching screens now.

Any ideas?

Those vibrations seem pretty heavy and they clearly trigger the buttons. I donā€™t think getting started in that way is good for your board. You should push to start or if you have bindings you should use HFI.

I can imagine itā€™s probably not, so yeah I kick push. The issue at hand does not go away.

Please see this post.

It shows the Davega cycling while riding under normal conditions.

1 Like

The new 4.0 installer on windows keeps saying cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Iā€™ve tried it with the USB drivers installed and uninstalled, in My Documents, C:\ Drive and desktop for each, Davega connected and disconnected. :man_shrugging:

I got it to work, Windows Defender identifies it as a potentially unwanted appā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a Python script compiled with pyinstaller. Itā€™s a known issue that anti-virus programs mistakenly identify pyinstaller compiled code as malware. Thereā€™s unfortunately not much that can be done about it.

Iā€™m glad you were able to sort it out. :+1:

1 Like

My unit isnā€™t telling me speed. I probably set it up wrong, but I cant seem to figure it out

Does the screen switch when you push the throttle? Thatā€™s the standard idle screen.