Davega problems or questions

This may be a bug. I’ll look into it. I believe the primary root cause here is that you’re not getting any readings from your VESC. Are you getting a green dot or a red dot at the top of the screen? If red, you have no connection VESC. Check the cable for loose connection and make sure you have UART enabled on your VESC with the baud rate at 115200.

1 Like

Yeah i just had the davega powered from the usb, it wasnt connected to the board. I will try again with it connected :+1:

That worked, thanks mate :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Ok so I got it working on unity firmware, but I couldnt get my unitys working with unity firmware :sweat_smile: moved to vesc firnware 5.1 and now getting this screen

Aaaand now i’ve tried to install bootloader 2.0 and all I can get now is this screen

I erased flash memory and started again… bootloader installed fine, but get this screen when trying to install firmware 2.0.3

You’re on a good way. You have to try several times on Windows. It will succeed eventually.

1 Like

I got there in the end! Only to realise that there is no support for Vesc firmware 5.1 yet :rofl: i reverted back to Unity firmware for now :call_me_hand:

Ah, right. Only 5.0 is supported now. I’ll fix that on Sunday or Monday. Should be easy. Sorry for the hassle. Glad that you made it through. :+1:

1 Like

No hassle mate, all a learning curve :call_me_hand: thanks for a stellar product!

1 Like

@janpom everything has been going swimmingly, but today, mid ride, the Davega X just reverted to boot screen.

It won’t get past the boot screen. Any ideas?

This has unfortunately been reported a few times lately. I suspect this is a micropython bug that causes the corruption of the flash memory. The solution is to use the davegax-tool and:

1. do a full backup (if possible)
  2. erase flash
  3. re-install bootloader
  4. restore the backup (or install firmware if backup not available)

I’m sorry about this. I’ll be looking into the issue. It’s very intermittent and you must have been very unlucky to encounter it in such as short time. I have done hundreds of kilometers on my DAVEGA without ever seeing this error.

Edit: I also recommend doing online backups on regular basis in case this happens again and you’re unable to do the backup using the davegax-tool. You can then list and download the backups for your device at https://davega.eu/backups.

1 Like

All good brother, will do now and report back :call_me_hand:

1 Like

All going again now, but it wouldn’t backup.

It saved a file, but then gave me this screen. I tried again, but davega tool just froze and woupdn’t do anything.

I tried to use the file after I had erased and flashed, but all settings were default.

Yes, that’s another known problem, which only happens on Windows. The export and import is very flaky and has to be retried several times until it succeeds.

I’ll be looking into this one as well soon. My time for developments is very limited now but starting from July, I’ll be working on DAVEGA fulltime and that will make a lot of difference. Please bear with me until then.

I hope you haven’t lost too much data. Sorry about the hassle. It’s great that you got it working again.

2 Likes

I’m so glad to see more esk8 manufacturers able to dedicate their time to this wonderful hobby of ours. It really shows that there is clearly a market for these products, and a market for them to succeed. Thank you for you dedication Jan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, on that part I’m actually not sure. :slight_smile: That’s yet to be seen. I feel positive though.

2 Likes

Can’t know till you try! I was very excited by the early davega and I will definitely be grabbing a DavegaX once I have a full build, can’t wait to see what you’ll have for us in the future

1 Like

Anyone know what drive inputs I need to add to get the correct speed, my davega speedometer says 3mph and my wand is saying 22mph.

Input I put in the drive settings for my 9inch pro belt are:
Wheel:220
Motor pulley:14
Wheel pulley:66

Please send a screenshot of your drive settings.