Davega problems or questions

My range started at 10 miles after riding two miles range goes from 10 to 1. If I keep riding…the battery indicator will go to 0 but metr and Unity app shows correct voltage. I’ll have to reset the session to get correct voltage/ range. The same thing will continue to happen until I do a session reset

What’s your battery settings? Probably your battery capacity is off.

1 Like

set to 18000mAh, 80% capacity usage, 12s

Is the 40 Wh/km expected? Can I please have the screenshots of the battery settings, overview screen, and session screen?

1 Like

ok, after checking battery settings again…I’m an idiot i had it set to 1800mAh instead of 18000mAh. sorry guys sooner or later I will stop making noob mistakes…thx again

2 Likes

Is there a way to run the Davega and a VX1 remote from UART?

I have VX1 plugged into master VESC (Flipsky 4.10, running latest firmware) and the Davega in my Slave VESC but its not working.

Yes, that should work.

Please check https://davega.eu/faq for common problems in the setup.

1 Like

Maybe i’m being thick and not seeing instructions that could be relevant. I’ve already set the vesc tool to be:

• App Settings > General > App to Use: PPM and UART
  • App Settings > UART > Baudrate: 115200 bps

And I can confirm my Davega to be working and reading data before I installed the VX1 remote

@SeanHacker help the dude out.

3 Likes

@SeanHacker can you help me out please?

1 Like

Have you selected UART (and saved it) in App settings for this slave? Also. With flipskys you’ll have to flip the Rx/Tx wires around because flipsky is a weird company…

So from what I’ve read now (just caught up) is that your davega worked prior to connecting this remote? So now does the remote work and not the Davega?

2 Likes

Yes, My davega was working prior to the remote being installed. The VX1 remote works perfectly, but the Davega doesn’t show speed or total voltage / percentage. Only the average voltage of the pack.

Previously I had a cheap mini remote from eBay using PPM.

I also upgraded my vesc firmware from a very old version to the latest, so not sure if that’s affecting it too.
I have selected UART for the slave.

This is definitely not expected. Can I have a picture of the screen please?

Also, if you go Menu > About, what do you get? In fact, are we talking DAVEGA X or OS DAVEGA?

See attached.

The 3 buttons are non responsive :confused:

I see. OS DAVEGA then. It doesn’t have a connection with VESC. The battery voltage shown is the last one seen.

This could be both a software or a hardware problem.

To rule out a software problem, double check the settings are indeed as you mentioned above, i.e. PPM and UART, 115200 bps. Make sure you’re looking at the settings of the VESC the DAVEGA is connected to and not the other one (e.g. make sure you don’t have CAN forwarding enabled etc).

To rule out a hardware problem, do a continuity check on the TX and RX wires. The 5V and GND wires are obviously OK. Otherwise it wouldn’t even power on.

Oh, I missed this. That’s probably the problem. Only VESC FW versions up to 3.60 are supported by the OS DAVEGA.

Can anyone confirm the DAVEGA settings for the TB direct drives? I believe those drives have 28 poles, so I’m using 14 pair and then “1” and “1” for the gear values. With these settings the speed seems to match my GPS watch speed but I’d like to confirm.

Thanks!

Yes, that’s correct.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try downgrading and see if that fixes the issue

Hey @janpom

Finally got my davegax running, updated to fw 1.3.3 to get to the about screen, but every time i get to the about screen i get this

Please help! This is the final part of my build!