Davega problems or questions

Yeah, sorry. There are rough edges. The new one is more user friendly.

1 Like

@janpom while you are here, battery max mah equals my total pack?

Yes. 10davegas

2 Likes

Can you tell what was the line of code I had to include for the Easter?

Edit: nvm found it in the Easter code itself :slight_smile:

Done. Now I know for sure that i set it to 177.8mm/15t-44t
Iā€™ll find out later if it works and then reproof it :slight_smile:
Thx @janpom and @Andy87 for your help

2 Likes

I got a problem with the WiFi passwordā€¦ I made a mistake and fill the whole Line with charactersā€¦ Now iā€™m stuck on the last karakter en de back button doesnā€™t work anymoreā€¦ i canā€™t remove The characters anymore??? It doesnā€™t Matter how much Times i press the back button (arrow to left)

And have some errors ā€¦

@janpom care to chime in for help? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@janpom
The problem with the characters is solvedā€¦ I had to press de delete button for about 13 Timesā€‹:grin::+1:

But the error is coming up every few minutes and i still canā€™t connect to the wi-fiā€¦ I change my password change the ssid many Times but still canā€™t connect to the wi-fiā€¦ Before The last update i can connect to wifi but now not anymoreā€¦:frowning:

Iā€™m 500% sure that the SSID and password is correct :+1:

Great! :+1:

Iā€™m aware of the other error. It happens in FW 1.2.0 when trying to add a new part and customize its name. Sorry about it. Iā€™ll fix it soon. A workaround is to temporarily switch to an older FW version, change the part name, and switch back.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by this. The stacktrace that you posted above is clearly from the part lifespan tracking menu.

Do you also get memory errors when trying to connect to wifi? Can you please post the error screen?

1 Like

OK, I see. Please try setting the ā€œconnect timeoutā€ to the max value (I think itā€™s 30 secs) and report back.

Can you also try another wifi? Maybe create a hotspot with your mobile phone?

Really sorry about the trouble.

I did already a hotspot on my phoneā€¦not working alsoā€¦try now on v1.1.0 not working and on 1.1.2 also notā€¦canā€™t connect to the wi-fi errorā€¦

Can i do a Total factory reset?

You can. Hold all 3 buttons for 10 seconds while booting up.

Thatā€™s weird though. Have you tried increasing the ā€œconnect timeoutā€?

@janpomI gonna try that and i increase that to thirty seconds stil nothingā€¦

I did a factory reset, direct after scanning the wifi network i get this in my display

Okay, this is not normal. You may have a faulty unit, in which case Iā€™ll of course send you a replacement.

A few more things that you can try:

• switch to older FW version than 1.2.0
  • hold the middle button while booting up; that will take you to the menu directly without wasting any memory on VESC communication; try setting up the wifi that way
1 Like

Switch to v1.1.0
Reset my wifi network
Hotspot on phone ā€œonā€
30 sec. Timeout
Startup with middle button pressed!
Try to connect on my wifi network
Try to connect to my wi-fi hotspot

No luck :disappointed:

I did also remove firmware v1.1.2 for extra memoryā€¦no luck :frowning:

Hm, thatā€™s bad. Iā€™m sorry. Could you please take the electronics out of the housing and ship it to me? Iā€™ll pay the shipping. Iā€™ll do some diagnostics on it. I wonder whatā€™s going on there. I may be able to fix it. If not, Iā€™ll send you a new unit. Letā€™s take this to personal communication.

Update: This turned out to be a problem with @Robinā€™s Unity. The DAVEGA WiFi connection works correctly with one of his two Unities but not with the other one. The problem likely is that the 5V supply on the faulty Unity is unable to provide enough power for DAVEGA to communicate over WiFi. Davegaā€™s ESP32 requires ~110 mA @5V with WiFi disabled and ~150 mA @5V with WiFi enabled. Apparently the latter is too much for the faulty Unity.

@Deodand, any ideas why this could be or what would be a good way to troubleshoot/fix at Unity end? I personally am also experiencing problems with my Unityā€™s 5V output. Sometimes it cuts off 5V completely causing a DAVEGA restart. This often happens when I hit a bump. Note that DAVEGA has a 100 uF buffer capacitor.

6 Likes

unit stopped displaying data. change baud rate also on fw 1.2.0
all i did was run the setup on the unity.