Davega problems or questions

Definitely not the case :rofl: I may know someone who has one of those.

That is quitea big tolerance, isn’t it?

Hi, i just updated to the newest firmware, and now I get an error due to the fw version on the unity I use. Is there a simple way to reverse this? I would like to not change the fw of the unity since it’s been working well for me :slight_smile:

Yes, downgrade to v5.00. Hold the middle button at start up to access the menu.

2 Likes

Thank you! Appreciate the answer

1 Like

@janpom, any troubleshooting tips here?

I have no graphics upon startup.

Connected to wifi, tried updating, but failed twice

I got this unit from @Skyart - it had v3.2.0 loaded and v3.1.1 on local
Tried both, no graphics either way
Switched to 3.1.1 and tried updating - failed again. Sometimes it appears to freeze / buttons become unresponsive after failing to update. Had to power cycle by unplugging.

Tried disabling my home network pihole adblocker. No change.

Went through all the settings - couldn’t find anything that might help.

MakerX DV6 → checked VESC Tool → both sides set to PPM and UART. Buad rate is 115200

I did have to switch from 7 to 8 pin connector. Maybe a wire is loose.

Got this error after factory reset and trying to update:

Connector on this side appears to be fine. Pins in all the right places. Not 5v

Hmm… maybe the TX and RX are switched

Success!
Now to make a backup before I try to change anything

3 Likes

Yes, RX/TX switched and you’re also running an old firmware otherwise it wouldn’t be a problem.

2 Likes

That’s why I assumed it wouldn’t be a problem per the instructions - when I wired it before powering it up!

So, in order to update to 4.0.0 and past, I need to load via this guide?
https://davega.eu/install-v4

Best if you go to v5 straight away: Upgrade to v5.01 - DAVEGA

2 Likes

Will do! Thanks Jan

Any idea about the previous errors I encountered? Those seem unrelated to TX/RX pin reversal. Hopefully a direct usb upgrade bypasses the issues.

Probably a bug. I imagine that if you reset the session without having the VESC connection established it could lead to an error. It’s not something that you encounter under normal circumstances though.

2 Likes

Anyone else had it where the motor amp showing very different values for each motor amp.
Mine has one motor around 37 amps max and the other around 62 amps?
On a new storm core running 5.3.

have you gone offroading?

1 Like

never mind. my stupid mistake. Didn’t set up VESC tool correctly. First time setting up dual VESC and motors and only set the limits for one motor.

1 Like

Yup that mistake was made by probably everyone here.

What does the 43 mean ?
And should the red b always blink as much as the green ?

It’s how many km you’ve traveled since the last data backup.

Red blink indicates a lost data frame. Occasional red blinks are normal but if it’s 1:1 with green blinks, there’s something wrong with your setup. Could be a loose connector or pinched cable.

Hey Jan, can you communicate with LLT on firmware 5.04, or was that only a capability when paired with a metr pro?

Yes you can. Just enable bluetooth under “experimental” settings.

Okay, I did that, and it boot looped a few times and failed to connect, there’s no way to force it to pick a certain mac address is there?

Also, I have two LLT’s in the room, how will it know which one to pick?

1 Like

The implementation of that part is currently very simple. It’s still WIP. It picks up the first one it detects. Your best bet is to bring one out of BT signal range temporarily. Once DAVEGA connects to the LLT BMS it will remember its MAC address and next time it will go for it directly.

You may want to bring them close together and try several times. It should work eventually. Once it connects for the first time, it should start working more reliably.