Davega problems or questions

What kind of vibrations is that?

Note that buttons are disabled while you’re riding so you can only experience this behavior with some heavy vibrations in standstill. That’s not a standard use case.

Sensorless motors so I have shaking at low voltage situations.

Is there a way to just have a button lock if that’s the case. Although it doesn’t make sense that if I hold it, it doesn’t have issues. But the moment it touches the plate it has issues.

I unplugged the right button (up arrow) and I no longer have issues. How can I get this repaired?

Edit: Odd, plugged back in and so far so good.

Follow up: Issue happened again. Unplugged right button and then the Davega started entering settings. Removed that button and then the left button started getting triggered. All buttons disconnected now and it’s working but obviously I have no way of switching screens now.

Any ideas?

Those vibrations seem pretty heavy and they clearly trigger the buttons. I don’t think getting started in that way is good for your board. You should push to start or if you have bindings you should use HFI.

I can imagine it’s probably not, so yeah I kick push. The issue at hand does not go away.

Please see this post.

It shows the Davega cycling while riding under normal conditions.

1 Like

The new 4.0 installer on windows keeps saying cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I’ve tried it with the USB drivers installed and uninstalled, in My Documents, C:\ Drive and desktop for each, Davega connected and disconnected. :man_shrugging:

I got it to work, Windows Defender identifies it as a potentially unwanted app…

1 Like

It’s a Python script compiled with pyinstaller. It’s a known issue that anti-virus programs mistakenly identify pyinstaller compiled code as malware. There’s unfortunately not much that can be done about it.

I’m glad you were able to sort it out. :+1:

1 Like

My unit isn’t telling me speed. I probably set it up wrong, but I cant seem to figure it out

Does the screen switch when you push the throttle? That’s the standard idle screen.

nope (vid incoming)

1 Like

Gonna reinstall firmware.

didnt change a thing

Hmm that is strange. I’ve never seen that. I’m sure @janpom will sort it or someone else with equal expertise.

Confirmed RX/TX in right position?

It shouldn’t matter, but the davega detects the vesc and firmware.

1 Like

I got that to work, but my davega itself is having this weird issue. Happens on FW 4.6 and 4.7.

It also says I have a BMS connected… Which I don’t. I have a dual Vesc.

@janpom

Make sure none of your VESCs have the ID set to 10 or 11. Those are reserved for a smart BMS.

2 Likes

how do I change this?