Daly BMS thread

No more 12s sadly

1 Like

I have some 12s, and I ship internationally.

1 Like

Doesn’t really make sense to buy a good cheap bms from the US, shipping makes it not worth it
Your stock is running low too, that’s why we can only by one of them ?

Yep thanks for reminding me! I have more, I just need to update the website.

3 Likes

It seems that Daly 12S is unobtainable. It is not listed even on Daly Official Store on Aliexpress.

Here you go: High Quality sealed 12S 44.4V BMS 15A 30A with balance water proof | eBay

2 Likes

its made to order

I didn’t get that. I should order 16s and modify? Or somehow ask them to sell me modified 16s to 12s which they don’t list on their store?

it’s @dickyho shop’s I think, he still have some !
Just order 2 from you dude :wink:

1 Like

Ask daly for it, give them the specifications u need, they will make for u

1 Like

Ok thanks. I will just go with ebay this time as it seems faster. Weird that Daly don’t list 12S in their regular offer. At least I thought it is a very common voltage.

this is why ive been using daly 13s for my 12s builds and just shorting the last two balance leads.

1 Like

Didn’t know you could do that, does it work with every bms ?

It works with Daly bms in my experience. I’m not comfortable saying anything about other BMS’s but in theory the bms is tricked into thinking group 12 and 13 are perfectly balanced with each other.

1 Like

But the bms has an undervoltage protection so if it’s made for 13s won’t it be weird for it because the voltage will be always low ?

The under/over-voltage is based on the voltage of individual Pgroups. So it won’t matter.

1 Like

Ho okay, I thought it also measure the overall voltage of the battery

Yeah, I can’t think of a reason to do that from the perspective of the BMS.

Yeah I agree, more hassle for an useless info
Good thing to know, it’s a nice trick

2 Likes

This is the model I use

1 Like