Daly BMS thread

Lol not even. But i’d order what i needed pre-wired.

1 Like

I like this idea. can you buy the terminal blocks do you know?

I wouldn’t use terminal blocks, but you can definitely buy the partnering jst connectors to the ones that you are joining to. The trickiest part is identifying them.

Yes im just looking for them now!

1 Like

Do you recommend a good reliable smart BMS?

I always use the LLT smart bms. They are my favourite by far

Wish they were smaller though

That’s what she said :unamused:

1 Like

This is the only way to know if your BMS is balancing I swear. Or maybe use a charger that displays amp draw.

if its 35c why are you using a thermometer, you can feel that :rofl:

1 Like

I guess what I meant is you can check right away/ much quicker not wait and keep checking with your hand.

Anyone have 12s bms they wanna sell

20s lifepo4
18s lifepo4
For sale cheap. Write me. (Don’t know why I got these)

Is there a better guide for hooking up the smart bms? These instructions are confusing

1 Like

I agree the instructions are confusing but it’s really simple. You connect balance wires. Then you connect battery negative to B- and charger negative to P-. You connect charger positive to battery positive (none of these is connected to the BMS).

A good way to think about it is that the BMS is sitting between the charger negative and battery negative and acts as switch.

I’ll skip the discharge function. If that requires something strange please let me know
@janpom

Discharge is the same idea. You connect the ESC negative to P- and ESC positive to battery positive. The BMS can then break the circuit on the negative wire. There’s only a single break for both charge and discharge so either both are enabled or both are disabled. You can’t have charge enabled and discharge disabled or vice versa.

But best to simply bypass the discharge, i.e. not connect ESC to the BMS at all.

1 Like

Here’s a very simplified diagram of how it works (if we ignore the balance wires):

1 Like

So just connect the battery balance leads to the bms and that’s it?

@b264 do u still have a good diagram you could post of bypassing the bms?

Finally getting this done.

2 Likes