Custom printed pulleys are up for sale!

FDM nylon

Yeah just saw the picture
Resin might do better as they don’t have the layer adhesion problem in the Z direction and the Blu resin has roughly 50% higher tensile strength.
But I agree still super sketchy.

2 Likes

Maybe try printing the spokes seperatly at an orientation where the layers are 90deg to the shearing force?

nah, just better off not using FDM plastic I think. that will introduces other issues. like weirdly shaped teeth. weaker teeth, a pulley that is not balanced, support structure on teeth and so on so forth.

1 Like

I’m starting to test with partially flexible resins now. They should behave similarly to something like sintered nylon.

Kegel press fit / bolt on design update. Stronger and can be printed in pairs!

(Excuse the messy desk)

2 Likes

4 Likes

What printer are you using? :grin:

1 Like

Upgraded anycubic photon. I’ve given it a lot of work and it works much better than it did when I first got it.

3 Likes

Cool! What upgrades did you do?

I replaced the linear rail to a higher quality one, put in nonFEP film to the vat, and added an external heater and an extraction fan.

2 Likes

Sweet! How do you like it? If you were to buy a different one now what would you get?

I would probably choose the epax x10 for its higher build quality and better part availability.

1 Like

Cool! Thanks man, looking into resin printers :grin:

1 Like

Sorry I meant the x1. The x10 is a larger scale printer and it costs $1200 so I’m saving to get one.

2 Likes

Do you happen to have a link? I can’t find any online for Road X1 :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks!

Meant epax x1 (autocorrect)

1 Like

Have a look at elegoo Saturn if you want something larger.

3 Likes

I’ve looked into those. I haven’t found any for sale.

they will soon or something, haven’t really looked in to it though

1 Like