Custom Machining: Decks, Mounts, and More (CNC, laser, 3d printer, etc.) Based in Ventura, Cali

Haha sick. Lmk, I’m here!

1 Like

Sounds good my man! It’s for my EV conversion and the gear will allow me to actually run the 2 electric motors together, as the transmission currently doesn’t allow that

IMG_20200514_162147

3 Likes

The teeth are quite small, but I think it is doable on the plasma

If not, I can try to have my buddy laser em at our robotics shop.

1 Like

Any way you can help would be awesome! Would be cheaper to get someone here to do it than go to a machinist probably

1 Like

Yes, fer sure. Most machine shops won’t even take small jobs like this, or will charge an insane minimum.

Send over the file, and I will see what I can do

I will send it through once I get the file. Gear is still going through testing to determine whether it will be usable and compatible with the hardware we are working with. I’ll get back to you, cheers legend :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Awesome. Just let me know!

1 Like

just wondering, bro, if you’re capable of machining (lathe) some CroMo axles? maybe 10ish?
do you have access to 1/2" dia. CroMo rod?

pretty simple machining just step down the 1/2" rod to 10mm and add some threads…

3 Likes

Sorry, I wish I could help, sadly I do not have access to a lathe right now (corona :man_facepalming:)

I will ask around and see if I can find anything. Send me a PM pls.

Can’t promise anything, but I will see.

4 Likes

thanks… I can do it myself… but the lathe I use is corona-locked-up, and a friend can do it for me in Az. but shipping etc.

thanks just asking for a friend! :crazy_face: :+1:t4: :fist_right:t4: :fist_left:t4:

5 Likes

i left this out on purpose because i have to finish the design myself anyway so i wanted to give a easy model that does not have to be flipped. And no need to add one fillet while having to do the other by hand :stuck_out_tongue: so this was my choice, not his finish.

2 Likes

Impressed dude. When I was 15 I was running around trying to get my finger stinky and thieving Budweiser’s from the neighbor. Keep it up and you’re going somewhere. Props.

10 Likes

thanks for the kind words!

3 Likes

Carbon fiber nylon composite wheel spacers for @ahrav

MARKFORGED services now available. I can of course help you design what you need, or just send over an STL.

Turnaround time on these parts is uberfast, since I can remote print from home :call_me_hand:t4:

These parts are super stronk and are great in high load situations as well as endurance parts.

15 Likes

They so beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: makes me feel bad for the PLA I was ridin on​:joy:

4 Likes

Is this one of the markforged that can I lay CF and Kevlar?

2 Likes

No. That things way more expensive. This is onyx. Carbon fiber reinforced nylon

5 Likes

Ahhh haha, that’s sick though!

1 Like

Did you say wheel spacer?? can you make something
For these sunmates trampa knockoffs

1 Like

Wait!! Are these for superstars?!?!?!??!?

6 Likes