Do you think you can run a 3d-printed spur gear?

I wrote to you, again. :slight_smile: However last time i did it from my phone so i guess something went wrong if you did not get it.

1 Like

I will answer to you soon. You might have misplace the V-ring without enough pressure. There’re no other places for the dirt/gravel to come in.

2 Likes

The v-ring was very dirty on both sides so that is most problably what happened. So problably an error from my side.

4 Likes

I can say it’s possible I had 2 razor xs one I 3d printed gears for with the right infill there isn’t a difference

interesting! Right now im trying to figure out the specs of the gear. Whilst i can get the teeth pretty close i dont think i will ever be smart enough to replicate a wrecked gears original specs for the teeth. Im printing it right now but im pretty sure i did not get a 100% fit.

Anyway, once i solve that it will be fun to try printed gears.

3 Likes

@surfnacho you might be able to help this guy! with a 2.5d machine its doable… I think :thinking:
https://forum.esk8.news/t/custom-machining-decks-mounts-and-more-cnc-laser-3d-printer-etc-based-in-ventura-cali/27479/55

1 Like

sweet. I will take a look when I get home :call_me_hand:

1 Like

This is a bit late but to anyone in the future looking to do this I’ve had some luck printing Nylon/Carbon fibre mix gears. They have done about 30+ miles now and still going strong.

Hi

I had the same problem, tell me if you found a solution to replace it

Its have been 35days now without riding and trying to find i replacement :confused:

Not sure if you’ve loosened off the motor or not but it doesn’t look close enough to the wheel gear, might have been the cause? Ignore that if you’ve loosened it. Do you have access to a 3d printer and can do CAD design?

Does the wheel gear come apart from the wheel adapter?

1 Like

What happened in the end? Did 3Ds get you a new gear?

1 Like

I have used two 3D printed gears on a spur gear drive. One died to a firmware version mismatch that caused my brakes to lock up. The other died to a minor crash. Neither one lasted more than two months.

CNC POM all day every day.

2 Likes

First time i wrote with him, he said he would produce them in 2 weeks time and send a special link to order them.

Two weeks pass by i write to him once more without any response, i wrote to him sevral times, and each time he just sees the message and then ignores them.

third thing i did is to write a post here to se if anybody had spares available, i got much help from the community and i grateful for that.

then somebody tagged @3DServisas and he saw the post and wrote my once more to check how many parts or sets of gear i need.

i told him ill need a few so i dont have to ask anybody for more parts in the future.

within the conversation he just shut down and told me he does not manufacture them out of the blue.

that was my friend speaking to him.

so since that day he has not responded.

i dont know what to get him to ignore me but it seems he treated several of this esk8 community the same.

So i just gave up on his items, and will never support a bussnies like his with that kind of service/support.

Intresting, what the milage before they go and break?

The wheel adapter can come apart, but the teeth of the wheelgear were grinded away, even the motor gears were bent, you cant tell by the photos alone.

and i have neither experince with CAD, or have a 3D printer.

Well that’s disappointing. I’ve just bought 650+ euros of stuff from him… Its really sad to hear that.

I really hate vendors selling you staff and then don’t giving a shit about you once they take your money.

1 Like

First of all, any time somebody contacts me for replacements, I always help them, unless I just forget/do not notice it because of many things happening at once. Second of all, I got contacted by at least 4 different people with the same pictures, telling me it’s their gear drive. Sounds extremely weird to me. I would recommend finding who the real owner is, then he can contact me, only over e-mail.

4 Likes

Not long, probably less than 100 miles. They did not fail due to fatigue, they failed because the material strength couldn’t handle the peak load.

4 different people with the same picture? That not possible Right?

Or how do you think that sounds

I would love to the the profile of all these people, the only people who contacted you were me and my friend who I asked to do so.

1 Like